[net.startrek] STIII: An ear-y problem

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (07/22/85)

	Last night while watching STIII:TSFS on cable, we noticed
something rather strange. The Vulcan High Priestess (Dame Judith
Anderson) has only one pointed ear! Her left ear does not appear
to be altered in any way.

	Has anyone else noticed this? Do you think it was
done intentionally?

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/30/85)

In article <159@ukecc.UUCP> edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>	Last night while watching STIII:TSFS on cable, we noticed
>something rather strange. The Vulcan High Priestess (Dame Judith
>Anderson) has only one pointed ear! Her left ear does not appear
>to be altered in any way.
>	Has anyone else noticed this? Do you think it was
>done intentionally?

T'ben! T'Val! Navoon! Thou art wrong.  If someone else said this, you
shouldn't have believed your ears.  Both her ears are as pointy as the
other Vulcans'.  You get a lot of good looks at the *left* one especially.
Of course, not all Vulcans have ears as elegant as Spock's, but they can't
help that.
sb