[net.startrek] Mark Lenard

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (07/29/85)

It was stated that Mark Lenard has played 3 non-human races (Klingon,
Romulan, and Vulcan).  Just wanted to add that he was also an alien on
Cattlecar Galactica, which makes at least 5 different races he has played
(assuming he has played a Human, and I'm pretty sure I saw him do that
somewhere).  Can anyone name another so versatile actor??  :-)

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

I do and I do and I do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get!

sag@ihlpl.UUCP (Gore) (07/29/85)

> It was stated that Mark Lenard has played 3 non-human races (Klingon,
> Romulan, and Vulcan).  Just wanted to add that he was also an alien on
> Cattlecar Galactica, which makes at least 5 different races he has played
> (assuming he has played a Human, and I'm pretty sure I saw him do that
> somewhere).  Can anyone name another so versatile actor??  :-)
>
> --Evan Marcus
> --
> {ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
>                          ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan
>
> I do and I do and I do for you kids, and this is the thanks I get!

Make that six; he also played an alien on Buck Rogers.  Talk about
versatile-- on Buck Rogers his head is removable!

S. Gore
LLP \\//
   \

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP () (07/30/85)

>It was stated that Mark Lenard has played 3 non-human races (Klingon,
>Romulan, and Vulcan).  Just wanted to add that he was also an alien on
>Cattlecar Galactica, which makes at least 5 different races he has played
>(assuming he has played a Human, and I'm pretty sure I saw him do that
>somewhere).  Can anyone name another so versatile actor??  :-)

     Well, if we're gonna count other TV shows, he was also an alien in
"Buck Rogers" in the second season. He played a diplomat whose race could
take their heads off their shoulders.

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/31/85)

In article <257@ihlpl.UUCP> sag@ihlpl.UUCP (Gore) writes:
>> It was stated that Mark Lenard has played 3 non-human races (Klingon,
>> Romulan, and Vulcan).  Just wanted to add that he was also an alien on
>> Cattlecar Galactica, which makes at least 5 different races he has played
>> (assuming he has played a Human, and I'm pretty sure I saw him do that
>> somewhere).  Can anyone name another so versatile actor??  :-)
>> --Evan Marcus
>
>Make that six; he also played an alien on Buck Rogers.  Talk about
>versatile-- on Buck Rogers his head is removable!
>S. Gore

Make that seven; he was in a monkey suit for Planet of the Apes, the
TV series.
sb

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (07/31/85)

>Mark Lenard has played 3 non-human races (Klingon,Romulan, and Vulcan).
>(and Cattlecar Galactica), which makes at least 5 different races he has played
>(assuming he has played a Human, and I'm pretty sure I saw him do that
>somewhere).  Can anyone name another so versatile actor??  :-)

Make it six.  I'm pretty sure he played some military guy in (ugh)
"Otherworld", which I believe was inhabited by otherworlders.
--

                             Alan Steinberg
                             {ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan

Helllllp, Mr. Wizarrrrrrd!!!  I don't want to be a programmer anymoooore..."

kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (08/02/85)

    I have seen the Battlestar Galacitca episodes many times and do not
recall ever seeing Mark Lenard, hearing his voice or seeing his name in the
credits. What episode was he in? If you don't know the title a plot outline
will do. Thank you.

						Kenneth Crist
						cvl!kwc
						Computer Vision Lab
						University of Maryland

kwc@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (08/16/85)

	It has been a while since my request for information about the
episode of BATTLESTAR: GALACTICA in which Mark Lenard supposedly appeared.
Since no one has e-mailed me a response or posted anything on the net
about which episode it was, I must request that you lower the count of
aliens portrayed by Mark Lenard by one. This is unfortunate as I extremely
enjoy Mr. Lenard's acting and hope that some day he is able to play a human
being in Star Trek.

						Kenneth Crist
						Computer Vision Lab
						University of Maryland