[net.startrek] Vulcan moons?

rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) (08/20/85)

> In article <3611@decwrl.UUCP> wahid@dvinci.DEC (Parwez Wahid) writes:
> >	We meet Spock, learn he is half-human and that Vulcan has no
> >	moon.
> In STTMP we see Spock in an interrupted initiation ceremony with one or
> more moons visible.  I don't recall seeing any moons in ST III.
> --
>   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131

Those are suns, not moons.
--
"It's only by NOT taking the human race seriously that I retain what
 fragments of my once considerable mental powers I still possess!"

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (08/22/85)

In article <493@riccb.UUCP> rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) writes:
>> In article <3611@decwrl.UUCP> wahid@dvinci.DEC (Parwez Wahid) writes:
>> >	We meet Spock, learn he is half-human and that Vulcan has no
>> >	moon.
>> In STTMP we see Spock in an interrupted initiation ceremony with one or
>> more moons visible.  I don't recall seeing any moons in ST III.
>> --
>>   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
>
>Those are suns, not moons.

Look Again.  There is a moon or *very* close planet in the centeral
background, with a small moon in front of it.  Lighting is from the
right, off camera.  The shyscape looked like what one might see from one of
Jupiter's inner moons.

--
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231

slerner@sesame.UUCP (Simcha-Yitzchak Lerner) (08/23/85)

>> In article <3611@decwrl.UUCP> wahid@dvinci.DEC (Parwez Wahid) writes:
>>>	We meet Spock, learn he is half-human and that Vulcan has no
>>>	moon.
>> In STTMP we see Spock in an interrupted initiation ceremony with one or
>> more moons visible.  I don't recall seeing any moons in ST III.
>> --
>>   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
>
> Those are suns, not moons.
> --

Wrong..it is Vulcan's sister planet..see Vulcan Acadamy Murders for
details.

--
Opinions expressed are public domain, and do not belong to Lotus
Development Corp.

Simcha-Yitzchak Lerner

              {genrad|ihnp4|ima}!wjh12!talcott!sesame!slerner
                      {cbosgd|harvard}!talcott!sesame!slerner
                                slerner%sesame@harvard.ARPA

barb@oliven.UUCP (Barbara Jernigan) (08/26/85)

> Look Again.  There is a moon or *very* close planet in the central
> background, with a small moon in front of it.  Lighting is from the
> right, off camera.  The shyscape looked like what one might see from one of
> Jupiter's inner moons.
>   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131

That's no moon, that's a space station!

(Sorry, couldn't resist)(sigh)

rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) (08/27/85)

> Look Again.  There is a moon or *very* close planet in the central
> background, with a small moon in front of it.  Lighting is from the
> right, off camera.  The shyscape looked like what one might see from one of
> Jupiter's inner moons.
>   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131

Look yet again.  Spock needs to hold his hand up to shield his eyes.  Hence,
at least one of them is a star.  If one of them is such a bright star that
Spock needs to shield his eyes, then nothing but stars would be visible in
that region of the sky.