[net.startrek] Fisbin rules.

nomad@orstcs.UUCP (nomad) (08/23/85)

     I am sure that you have all heard this before, and are probably tired
of it, but... I just started on this net, and haven't seen anything about
it, so here goes...

 I am told that someone actually sat down and write down the rules for
Fisbin (sp?) - the card game played in "A piece of the Action."
 Is this true?  Where can one abtain a copy? (Pref. computer readable...)

 Thanks in advnace...

-----

LEE DAMON         FidoNet: 17/1 (CastleNet) {Lee Damon,SysOp}
		  CSnet:  nomad%oregon-state@csnet-relay
                  UUCP :  {hp-pcd,tektronix}!orstcs!nomad

    "I've gone out, and I don't think I'm expected back."

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (08/26/85)

In <8500010@orstcs.UUCP> Lee Damon writes:
>      I am sure that you have all heard this before, and are probably tired
> of it, but... I just started on this net, and haven't seen anything about
> it, so here goes...
>
> I am told that someone actually sat down and write down the rules for
> Fisbin (sp?) - the card game played in "A piece of the Action."
> Is this true?  Where can one abtain a copy? (Pref. computer readable...)
>
> Thanks in advnace...

Well, I don't know about the actual rules written out, but I do have a disk
of Apple ][ games, and one of them is Fizzbin.  It offers the rules at the
beginning, but they are at least as complicated as Kirk's description.  It
does ask you if it's dark, if it's Tuesday, and if it's raining.

I can't offer copies, because I don't have access to an Apple anymore.  Just
wanted to pass it along, because if I do, somebody else somewhere must also.

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

Kids, remember, please don't try stunts like this at home.

zaphod@deepthot.UUCP (Lance Bailey) (08/28/85)

about 6 or so years ago there was a short lived publication
called the STAR TREK POSTER BOOK.  This was a pamphlet which
folded out into a 24 X 36 poster and was full of neat stuff....

anyways, the issue dedicated to humour/bloopers had the
the fizzbin rules.  Alan Dean Foster ( i think) took them
from POTA and they are funny, accurate and even playable.

I'll be back at home base this weekend & will look (ONCE AGAIN)
for the poster books there. If I find the rules I'll copy them onto the
net.

--
      4     222
   4  4    2   2