[net.startrek] Answers to trivia

wahid@dvinci.DEC (Parwez Wahid) (09/03/85)

About Lt. Kyle.

John Winston had a bit part in THE WRATH OF KHAN reprising his role
as Kyle.  He was the comm. officer aboard the Reliant.  After Chekov and
Terrell were captured there is a shot on the Reliant bridge where Mr. Beach
and Mr. Kyle are standing by the communications console worried about the
landing party.  "Starship Reliant to Captain Terrell, this is Commander Kyle,
would you please respond..."

Answer to trivia questions:

  Spock cries in the following episodes:

	"The Naked Time"
	"Platos Step Children"

  Overloaded phasers are in:

	"The Menagerie" (although the weapons are called lasers.)
	"The Conscience of the King"
	"That Which Survives"

  Aliens feel new sensations in:

 	"Catspaw"
	"By Any Other Name"
	"The Apple" ??????
	"Metamorphesis"
	"The Squire of Gothos"

  Why didn't they use the shuttle craft in "Enemy Within"?

	Mainly because it hadn't been invented yet by Roddenberry and Co.

	But why within the frame of Star Trek didn't they use the
	shuttle to rescue Sulu and the others?  I suppose no one aboard
	ship thought of it.  Or the hanger doors and transporter are
	wired through the same circuits so when one goes so does the other.
	Or the shuttle craft were all in the repair shop and none were
	available.  Or Kirk had this bet with Sulu which he lost and now
	had a cheap way to get out of it by letting Sulu freeze his buns off.
	You tell my why, I can't think of a sensible reason myself.

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (09/04/85)

> 	But why within the frame of Star Trek didn't they use the
> 	shuttle to rescue Sulu and the others?  I suppose no one aboard
> 	ship thought of it.  Or the hanger doors and transporter are
> 	wired through the same circuits so when one goes so does the other.
> 	Or the shuttle craft were all in the repair shop and none were
> 	available.  Or Kirk had this bet with Sulu which he lost and now
> 	had a cheap way to get out of it by letting Sulu freeze his buns off.
> 	You tell my why, I can't think of a sensible reason myself.

Federation shuttle craft stink!  They're just about impossible to land
on rocky terrain, and as hard to get back again off the ground.  Kirk
figured the chances of getting one down in one piece with supplies
was nil.

				Lord Kahless

mazina@pur-ee.UUCP (Der Kaiser) (09/06/85)

In article <53@ucdavis.UUCP> ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) writes:
>> 	But why within the frame of Star Trek didn't they use the
>> 	shuttle to rescue Sulu and the others?  I suppose no one aboard
>> 	ship thought of it.  Or the hanger doors and transporter are
>> 	wired through the same circuits so when one goes so does the other.
>> 	Or the shuttle craft were all in the repair shop and none were
>> 	available.  Or Kirk had this bet with Sulu which he lost and now
>> 	had a cheap way to get out of it by letting Sulu freeze his buns off.
>> 	You tell my why, I can't think of a sensible reason myself.
>
>Federation shuttle craft stink!  They're just about impossible to land
>on rocky terrain, and as hard to get back again off the ground.  Kirk
>figured the chances of getting one down in one piece with supplies
>was nil.
>
>				Lord Kahless

They didn't send down a shuttle craft, because the show's writers had'nt
even thought them up yet!!!

					Thomas Ruschak
					pur-ee!mazina

"By the pricking of my thumbs,