[net.startrek] trivia

zaphod@mit-eddie.UUCP (Chris Ross) (12/10/83)

	"I wanna live!"

	was shouted by Kirk's violent alter ego in "The Enemy Within"
	( i tnk )

Here's a toughie:

	What was Captain John Christopher's serial number?
	( no peeking at trivia books! )
--
					Christopher Ross
					!genrad!mit-eddie!zaphod

naiman@pegasus.UUCP (Ephrayim J. Naiman) (08/21/84)

Has anybody ever counted how many times Bones said :

	[He/she]'s dead, [Jim/Captain] !!!
--
==> Ephrayim J. Naiman @ AT&T Information Systems Laboratories (201) 576-6259
Paths: [ihnp4, allegra, hogpc, ...]!pegasus!naiman

ken@ihuxq.UUCP (ken perlow) (08/22/84)

--
>> Has anybody ever counted how many times Bones said :

>> 	[He/she]'s dead, [Jim/Captain] !!!

Off and on.  I suspect the per-episode maximum is three, for
"Wolf in the Fold" (the one with "RedJack").  Anyone know an
episode with 4?
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****

marc@pyuxn.UUCP (M Schare) (08/25/84)

Yes, as a matter of fact, Our own Rich Rosen has devoted three years of
his life pooring through old star trek footage digging out McCoy's
utterences. Ill have him post the findings.
--
Comin now to Eden.. Yea Brother.                Marc Schare (pyuxn!marc)

adam@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Adam Janin%Kuntz) (07/19/85)

*** REPLACE THIS MESS WITH YOUR LINE ***

What are the 5 (I think) episodes in which they (Enterprise, crew, etc.) go
backward in time?

	Adam Janin  (adam@ucsfcgl.ARPA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------    	My sister was biten by a moose...

sag@ihlpl.UUCP (Gore) (07/19/85)

> *** REPLACE THIS MESS WITH YOUR LINE ***
>
> What are the 5 (I think) episodes in which they (Enterprise, crew, etc.) go
> backward in time?
>

> 	Adam Janin  (adam@ucsfcgl.ARPA)
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------    	My sister was biten by a moose...

I can come up with 4 episodes:

1. Tomorrow is Yesterday
2. City on the Edge of Forever
3. All Our Yesteryears
4. Assignment: Earth

but there may be 5......

LLP

\\//
\

(S. Gore, AT&T Bell Labs, Illinois)

lear@topaz.ARPA (eliot lear) (07/22/85)

Tomorrow is yesterday,  The Naked Time,  The City on the Edge of Forever,
All Our Yesterdays,  and Assignment: Earth.

Next.

					eliot w/ help from josh blume

ajd@yodel.UUCP (Andrew J. Davis) (07/22/85)

The fifth episode in which the Enterprise goes back in time, is "Naked Time".

Lt. Kevin Riley (sp?) turns the engines off.  Kirk and Spock risk a full
power start and the engines implode propelling them into a timewarp backward
aproximately 3 days.

					Andrew J. Davis

wtm@bu-cs.UUCP (W. Tom Meier) (07/22/85)

The Crew of the E-prise go back in time in the following episodes:
1) All our yesterdays
2) Assignment : Earth
3) The City on the Edge of Forever
4) The Naked Time ( ships engines turned of and intermix formula sends them
                    back 4 days in time )
5) Tomorrow is Yesterday
** In addition, it could be considered that the Crew was dealing with the
past in the following episodes.  "The Menagerie", showing pictures of Pike's
past (13 years earlier), and "Spectre of the Gun", where the bridge crew
are sent to a place where they have to deal with people (?) that are living
out Tombstone, Arizona in the last days before the gun fight at the O.K.
Corral.

-Tom Meier
Bitnet ccwtm@bostonu (with a wiscvm in there some place)

bccarty@whuts.UUCP (Brian C. Carty) (07/22/85)

> > What are the 5 (I think) episodes in which they (Enterprise, crew, etc.) go
> > backward in time?
> >
> I can come up with 4 episodes:
>
> 1. Tomorrow is Yesterday
> 2. City on the Edge of Forever
> 3. All Our Yesteryears
> 4. Assignment: Earth
>
> but there may be 5......

How about "The Naked Time"?
--
	Brian C. Carty 		AT&T Bell Laboratories - Piscataway, NJ

		..!{ihnp4,allegra}!whuts!bccarty

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (07/22/85)

In article <580@ucsfcgl.UUCP> adam@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Adam Janin%Kuntz) writes:
>What are the 5 (I think) episodes in which they (Enterprise, crew, etc.) go
>backward in time?
>	Adam Janin  (adam@ucsfcgl.ARPA)
Naked Time, Tommorrow is Yesterday, City on the Edge of Forever, Assignment
Earth, and All Our Yesterdays.
sb

sag@ihlpl.UUCP (Gore) (07/23/85)

> > > What are the 5 (I think) episodes in which they (Enterprise, crew, etc.) go
> > > backward in time?
> > >
> > I can come up with 4 episodes:
> >
> > 1. Tomorrow is Yesterday
> > 2. City on the Edge of Forever
> > 3. All Our Yesteryears
> > 4. Assignment: Earth
> >
> > but there may be 5......
> >
> How about "The Naked Time"?
> --
> 	Brian C. Carty 		AT&T Bell Laboratories - Piscataway, NJ
>
> 		..!{ihnp4,allegra}!whuts!bccarty

The Naked Time wasn't going into the past; the crew was infected
with something that made their inner passions come out.

SG

LLP \\//
   \

laj@wnuxb.UUCP (JOHNSON) (07/25/85)

I realize fully that I risk being flamed to death by my criticism but
here goes anyway:

I like a good trivia question as much as the next person, but I'm really
getting tired of these

"Name the episodes where <obscure detail irrelevant to the plot> occurs."

I could endure the questions if only they did not evoke dozens of identical

						Larry Johnson
						Western ElectricAT&T TechnologiesInformation Systems
						ihnp4!wnuxa!laj
						ihnp4!wnuxb!laj

ix925@sdcc6.UUCP (Steve Lau) (07/25/85)

            1. The Naked Time
	    2. City on the Edge of Forever
            3. Tomorrow is Yesterday
	    4. Assignment: Earth

     I think that's all of them...

				Steve Lau
				UCSD

rsf@Shasta.ARPA (09/14/85)

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone could name the episode that contains
a reference to the game of golf.  I didn't get any answers - the episode I
was thinkg of was "I, Mudd".  In attempting to confuse the androids that
were keeping them captive, Kirk (and others) pretend to construct a bomb.
Shortly afterwards, they pretend to use this bomb both as a baseball, and as
a golf ball.  I'm sure most people would agree that this was one of the
worst episodes.

Now for another trivia question:
	In which episode does Kirk (\not/ McCoy) use a hypodermic?

Ross Finlayson
Stanford CS Dept.
ARPA: rsf@su-pescadero.ARPA
UUCP: ...!{decwrl,ucbvax}!Glacier!Shasta!rsf

"Spock, you're going to LOVE it in here.  They all talk just the way you do."