[net.startrek] Uh...My REAL Favorite Line!

cd55611@ihuxk.UUCP (Chuck Dobrovolny) (09/27/85)

<-->

Uh-oh...I spoke too soon.  Let's make that Space Seed line my favorite kooky
line.

My real favorite (honest!) is from "This Side of Paradise" (or was it "The
Paradise Syndrome--I always confuse those two titles).
As Kirk is about to beam down to Omicron Ceti III, thereby abandoning the
Enterprise after taking a full blast of "the spores"....

          The camera focuses on the back of Kirk as he sets the transporter
          controls....and then fades on Kirk and focuses over his shoulder
          on his suitcase sitting on the transporter pad.  Kirk hesitates....
          "No.  No!  I can't...LEAVE!"  (slams his fist on the console)

The sense of duty and dedication in this scene brings a tear to my eye every
time I see it, and I've seen the darn thing close to twenty times by now!

"Forget..."  from Requiem For Methusela is also right up there for emotional
content as someone else mentioned.

                                               God, what a great show!

                                               Chuck Dobrovolny

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (09/30/85)

In article <1019@ihuxk.UUCP> cd55611@ihuxk.UUCP (Chuck Dobrovolny) writes:
>My real favorite (honest!) is from "This Side of Paradise" (or was it "The
>As Kirk is about to beam down to Omicron Ceti III, thereby abandoning the
>Enterprise after taking a full blast of "the spores"....
>          The camera focuses on the back of Kirk as he sets the transporter
>          controls....and then fades on Kirk and focuses over his shoulder
>          on his suitcase sitting on the transporter pad.  Kirk hesitates....
>
>Samsonite Luggage Company really loved that scene too - and grabbed it for
their ads.!
sb