[net.startrek] Even More Trivia

eric@oakhill.UUCP (Eric Quintana) (10/12/85)

Here are my answers....
I will try to include a brief description after each answer to help
jog your memory.

  1) How many episodes can you name in which Spock hides his ears?

     1. "City On The Edge Of Forever" in search of McCoy on old Earth.
     2. "Assignment: Earth" with Gary Seven.
     3. "A Piece Of The Action" where Kirk teaches Fizzbin to gangsters.
     4. "Patterns Of Force" on the Nazi planet.
     5. "Return Of The Archons" in Landru's domain (the body).
     6. "Bread And Circuses" on the Roman planet.

  2) How many episodes can you name in which someone transports/teleports
     onto the Enterprise to somewhere other than the transporter room?

     I was looking for episodes in which a LIVING being teleports aboard.

     1. "Spock's Brain" when the girl teleports onto the bridge to
	     steal Spock's Brain.
     2. "Arena" when the Metrons teleport Kirk back to the bridge.
     3. "The Alternative Factor" when Lazarus switches places with his
	     alternate self in a corridor.
     4. "Charlie X" when the Thasians appear on the bridge to take
	     Charlie back.
     5. "The Squire Of Gothos" when Trelane teleports onto the bridge
	     after Kirk and others have "escaped".
     6. "And The Children Shall Lead" when the Gorgan (the Angel) appears.
     7. "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" when Bele (the half white,
	     half black alien) teleports onto the bridge (pursuing Lokai).
     8. "The Tholian Web" when Kirk keeps appearing on the Enterprise.
     9. "Day Of The Dove" when Kirk beams into Engineering.

     In "That Which Survives", I believe that the computer-produced
     woman appears on the Enterprise.  However, she is of course not
     a living creature, which technically speaking, makes this answer
     incorrect.  In "Wink Of An Eye", the Scalosians beamed aboard
     along with the landing party ("A very slow process").  In "The
     Lights Of Zetar", the lights themselves simply moved through the
     Enterprise hull.  They didn't teleport.  In "Spectre Of The Gun",
     our crew never left the bridge.  The episode took place in their
     head.  In "The Gamesters Of Triskelion", they beamed back aboard.
     How about "Errand Of Mercy"?  Laura Gilbreath says that Ayelborne
     teleports on the bridge.  I don't remember.  Do you?

  3) How many episodes can you name in which we see the bridge of a
     starship other than the Enterprise?

     I never said that they had to be Federation starships.

     1. "The Ultimate Computer" on the Excalibur which M5 destroys.
     2. "Mirror, Mirror" on the other Enterprise.
     3. "The Tholian Web" on the fading Defiant.
     4. "The Mark Of Gideon" on the Enterprise duplicate.  (Although
	     this is not a real starship.)
     5. "The Omega Glory" on the Exeter.
     6. "Balance Of Terror" on the Romulan "bird of prey".
     7. "The Enterprise Incident" on another Romulan ship.
     8. "The Corbomite Maneuver" on Balok's ship.  He ran the entire
	     ship from his room (bridge, what-have-you).

     In "The Doomsday Machine", we never see the bridge of the
     Constellation, just the auxiliary control.

BONUS QUESTION:
     Name the episode in which Spock refers to McCoy as "Bones".

     "The Tholian Web" -- "I'm sure the captain would simply have
     said, 'Forget it, Bones.'"

WINNER:
     Laura Gilbreath submitted the most number of correct answers.
     Give yourself a pat on the back.

And now for even more trivia:

(Feel free to simply describe the episode if you can't remember the
exact title.)

  1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
     chess board?

  2) How many episodes can you name in which Uhura beams down?

  3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a musical instrument?
     (No you don't get extra credit for naming the episodes in which
     Uhura sings. (gag))

Bonus Question:
     Since everyone is stuck on favorite quotes, identify the episode
     and speaker of this quote:  "Or it could be a beaker of death."

I await your response.  Enjoy!

				    Eric Quintana
"Live long and so forth"            ...!ut-sally!oakhill!eric

jody@inuxd.UUCP (JoLinda Ross) (10/17/85)

> And now for even more trivia:
>
> (Feel free to simply describe the episode if you can't remember the
> exact title.)
>
>   1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
>      chess board?
     I can only think of two episodes, but I am sure there are more.
          a) "Court-martial"
          b) "Charly X"  (sorry miss spelling)

>   2) How many episodes can you name in which Uhura beams down?
     a) "City on the Edge of Forever"--I believe this is where Uhura
        says she has lost contact with the ship, after McCoy goes
        through the time portal.
     b) "I Mudd"
     c) "Mirror Mirror"
     d) "Trouble with Tribbles"

>   3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a musical instrument?
>      (No you don't get extra credit for naming the episodes in which
>      Uhura sings. (gag))
     a) "Way To Edan" When the future hippies hold a concert.
     b) "Charly X"
     c) "Amuk Time" (miss spelled)
     d) "I Mudd"--in this episode Kirk and party only fake playing
        musical instruments, but the androids can't prove it so
        this could count.

> Bonus Question:
>      Since everyone is stuck on favorite quotes, identify the episode
>      and speaker of this quote:  "Or it could be a beaker of death."

     This on I think I can answer (I never figured out Bonus Questions
     before): The episode is "Miri" and the speaker is Spock.  He is
     trying to explain to McCoy why they should wait before taking
     the medicine.

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (10/18/85)

In article <558@oakhill.UUCP> eric@oakhill.UUCP (Eric Quintana) writes:
>Here are my answers....
>  2) How many episodes can you name in which someone transports/teleports
>     onto the Enterprise to somewhere other than the transporter room?
>     8. "The Tholian Web" when Kirk keeps appearing on the Enterprise.

I really can't buy this answer.  He was actually in a different universe at
the time.

>     How about "Errand Of Mercy"?  Laura Gilbreath says that Ayelborne
>     teleports on the bridge.  I don't remember.  Do you?

I found no Organians on the Enterprise.

>  3) How many episodes can you name in which we see the bridge of a
>     starship other than the Enterprise?
>     4. "The Mark Of Gideon" on the Enterprise duplicate.  (Although
>	     this is not a real starship.)

So it's not a correct answer, right?

>And now for even more trivia:
>  1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
>     chess board?

In the rec room: Alternative Factor, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield,
Trouble with Tribbles, Conscience of the King; in Spock's cabin:
Amok Time, Journey to Babel, Paradise Syndrome; actual games: Where No Man
Has Gone Before, Court Martial, Charlie X, By Any Other Name. Possible:
there is a shadow on the wall of the mirror Spock's cabin in Mirror, Mirror,
which might be the chess set, but I'm not sure.

>  2) How many episodes can you name in which Uhura beams down?

I, Mudd; Mirror, Mirror; Gamesters of Triskelion, City on the Edge of Forever,
Squire of Gothos, and Plato's Stepchildren.  I am assuming a broad definition
of "beam down."

>  3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a musical instrument?

Lots I'm afraid, sometimes just sitting in the background:
Conscience of the King, Whom God's Destroy, The Menagerie, City on the Edge
of Forever, The Way to Eden, Squire of Gothos, Charlie X, Plato's Stepchildren,
Requiem for Methuselah, Amok Time, Tholian Web, Paradise Syndrome, and
Spectre of the Gun.  Details available on request.

>Bonus Question:
>     Since everyone is stuck on favorite quotes, identify the episode
>     and speaker of this quote:  "Or it could be a beaker of death."

Spock said it in Miri.

Thanks.
sb

djd@bcsaic.UUCP (dennis j. doherty) (10/21/85)

> > And now for even more trivia:
> >
> > (Feel free to simply describe the episode if you can't remember the
> > exact title.)
> >
> >   1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
> >      chess board?
>      I can only think of two episodes, but I am sure there are more.
>           a) "Court-martial"
>           b) "Charly X"  (sorry miss spelling)
	**  c) "Where no man has gone before" (kirk beats spock)

> >   2) How many episodes can you name in which Uhura beams down?
>      a) "City on the Edge of Forever"--I believe this is where Uhura
>         says she has lost contact with the ship, after McCoy goes
>         through the time portal.
>      b) "I Mudd"
>      c) "Mirror Mirror"
>      d) "Trouble with Tribbles"
   **  e) "The Gamesters of Triskelion"
   **  f) "Plato's Stepchildren" (she is forced to beam down!)
   **  g) "This Side of Paradise" (Everyone, but kirk, beamed down!)

> >   3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a musical instrument?
> >      (No you don't get extra credit for naming the episodes in which
> >      Uhura sings. (gag))
>      a) "Way To Edan" When the future hippies hold a concert.
>      b) "Charly X"
>      c) "Amuk Time" (miss spelled)
>      d) "I Mudd"--in this episode Kirk and party only fake playing
>         musical instruments, but the androids can't prove it so
>         this could count.
    ** e) "The Conscience of The King" (when Lt. K. Riley gets poisoned)

> > Bonus Question:
> >      Since everyone is stuck on favorite quotes, identify the episode
> >      and speaker of this quote:  "Or it could be a beaker of death."
> >
>      This on I think I can answer (I never figured out Bonus Questions
>      before): The episode is "Miri" and the speaker is Spock.  He is
>      trying to explain to McCoy why they should wait before taking
>      the medicine.

My additions are marked with a "**".

					LLAP

					Dennis

trudel@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Jonathan D.) (10/22/85)

> >  1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
> >     chess board?
>
> In the rec room: Alternative Factor, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield,
> Trouble with Tribbles, Conscience of the King; in Spock's cabin:
> Amok Time, Journey to Babel, Paradise Syndrome; actual games: Where No Man
> Has Gone Before, Court Martial, Charlie X, By Any Other Name. Possible:
> there is a shadow on the wall of the mirror Spock's cabin in Mirror, Mirror,
> which might be the chess set, but I'm not sure.

What about in The Naked Time?  I seem to remember that Sulu, O'Rielly
and Tormolen fighting in a Rec room, and the knock one over during the
conflict.
--

					   Jonathan D. Trudel
				     arpa: trudel@blue.rutgers.edu

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (10/22/85)

> > >  1) How many episodes can you name in which we see the three dimensional
> > >     chess board?
> >
> > In the rec room: Alternative Factor, Let That Be Your Last Battlefield,
> > Trouble with Tribbles, Conscience of the King; in Spock's cabin:
> > Amok Time, Journey to Babel, Paradise Syndrome; actual games: Where No Man
> > Has Gone Before, Court Martial, Charlie X, By Any Other Name. Possible:
> > there is a shadow on the wall of the mirror Spock's cabin in Mirror, Mirror,
> > which might be the chess set, but I'm not sure.
>
> What about in The Naked Time?  I seem to remember that Sulu, O'Rielly
> and Tormolen fighting in a Rec room, and the knock one over during the
> conflict.
> --
>
> 					   Jonathan D. Trudel
> 				     arpa: trudel@blue.rutgers.edu
> 	 			uucp:{seismo,allegra,ihnp4}!topaz!trudel

How about in Day of the Dove.  The chess sets gets turned into a sword.
(I remember that episode well.... good guest stars...)

					Lord Kahless

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (10/23/85)

> > > And now for even more trivia:
> > >
> > >   3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a musical instrument?
> > >      (No you don't get extra credit for naming the episodes in which
> > >      Uhura sings. (gag))
> >      a) "Way To Edan" When the future hippies hold a concert.
> >      b) "Charly X"
> >      c) "Amok Time"
> >      d) "I Mudd"--in this episode Kirk and party only fake playing
> >         musical instruments, but the androids can't prove it so
> >         this could count.
>     ** e) "The Conscience of The King" (when Lt. K. Riley gets poisoned)
	f) "A Private Little War" - Tyree beats a drum during Nona's
		healing ritual.
	g) "The Squire of Gothos" - Trelayne's Piano

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."

gadfly@ihuxn.UUCP (Gadfly) (10/24/85)

--
> > And now for even more trivia:
> >
> >   3) How many episodes can you name in which we see a
> >      musical instrument?

> 	g) "The Squire of Gothos" - Trelayne's Piano

It was a harpsichord, actually.  So how about some *real* trivia:
the piece Trelayne plays as Kirk & co. enter--name the composer
and the work.
--
                    *** ***
JE MAINTIENDRAI   ***** *****