[net.startrek] Appearances

tozz@nmtvax.UUCP (10/13/84)

o.k. i wasn't going to get into this trivia game, but here i go...

If you notice, the man who plays the Klingon Commander on "The Trouble
with Tribbles" is the same man who plays "Tralane".

And did you know that The flash backs used in the defence of Spock with
Captain Christopher Pike were in fact clips of the origional pilot episode
of Startrek? the Lady who played "Number 1" in the pilot, "The Menagerie"
later played "nurse Chapel" in the series; Mrs. Gene Roddenberry!

And everybody seems to forget that Terri Garr (Youg Frankenstein, Mr Mom..)
played the secretary in "Tommorrow and Yesterday" where the Enterprise gets
sent back in time and intersept Gary & (??name??).

Also Yvonne Craig played the little green girl in "Lord Garth"  and
also played Batgirl (but remember, there were two Batgirls)

And on the subject of Batman, The original Catwoman was the Pregnant wife
of the Teire.

The little blond girl in "Friendly Angel"(??) was in Lassie but was also
the voice of "Lucy" in Charlie Brown specials for a long time. She was also
a host on the show "Curiosity Shop" and was a guest star in a Barretta
episode where she played a 15 year old girl who had gotten pregnant by one
of her step-fathers's friends.

					tozz
					Bob Tausworthe (tozz@nmtvax)

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (10/18/84)

In article <559@nmtvax.UUCP> tozz@nmtvax.UUCP writes:
>The little blond girl in "Friendly Angel"(??) was in Lassie but was also
>the voice of "Lucy" in Charlie Brown specials for a long time. She was also
>a host on the show "Curiosity Shop" and was a guest star in a Barretta
>episode where she played a 15 year old girl who had gotten pregnant by one
>of her step-fathers's friends.
>
>					tozz
>					Bob Tausworthe (tozz@nmtvax)

The title of the episode is "And the Children Shall Lead".  The girl was
played by Pamelyn Ferdin, and for over a decade, she was one of the most
popular child stars, especially on TV.  In addition to the above, she
was the daughter in "My World and Welcome To It" (which starred another
ST guest, William Window, who played Decker in "The Doomsday Machine"),
the daughter in a movie titled "The War Between Men and Women"
(interestingly, both the previous series and this movie were based on
James Thurber material), she played the daughters of both Felix Unger
(of "The Odd Couple) and Phyllis Lindstrom (of "Mary Tyler Moore" and
"Phyllis"), and guested on more TV shows and TV movies than you can
name.  I haven't seen her recently, though; I wonder what happened.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

acsgjjp@sunybcs.UUCP (Jim Poltrone) (10/20/84)

[And don't give me that crap about jinxes and red shirts....]

> The little blond girl in "Friendly Angel"(??) was in Lassie but was also
> the voice of "Lucy" in Charlie Brown specials for a long time. She was also
> a host on the show "Curiosity Shop" and was a guest star in a Barretta
> episode where she played a 15 year old girl who had gotten pregnant by one
> of her step-fathers's friends.
>
> 					tozz
> 					Bob Tausworthe (tozz@nmtvax)

If I remember correctly, that's Pamelyn Ferdin.  I wonder what she's been
doing recently.  Is she married?  Is she still acting?  I haven't seen
her on television lately -- has she become another forgotten child actor?
--
Jim Poltrone  (a/k/a Poltr1, the Last of the Raster Blasters)
uucp: [decvax,watmath,rocksvax]!sunybcs!acsgjjp

jimc@haddock.UUCP (10/23/84)

Interesting about her disappearance -- my sister and I were having
a chat about that last summer.  As far as I can remember, "Phyllis"
was the most recent program that included her.

Now did you also know that she dubbed the voice for the little girl in
"Charlotte's Web" (damn! don't remember the name of the character!)
and that she also did a guest appearance on the short-lived series
"Young Dr. Kildare"?

Hey, maybe we can start a fan club for her!!!

frdish@aecom.UUCP (Larry Freund) (10/24/84)

> In article <559@nmtvax.UUCP> tozz@nmtvax.UUCP writes:
> >The little blond girl in "Friendly Angel"(??) was in Lassie but was also
> >the voice of "Lucy" in Charlie Brown specials for a long time. She was also
> >a host on the show "Curiosity Shop" and was a guest star in a Barretta
> >episode where she played a 15 year old girl who had gotten pregnant by one
> >of her step-fathers's friends.
> >
> >					tozz
> >					Bob Tausworthe (tozz@nmtvax)
>
> The title of the episode is "And the Children Shall Lead".  The girl was
> played by Pamelyn Ferdin, and for over a decade, she was one of the most
> popular child stars, especially on TV.  In addition to the above, she
> was the daughter in "My World and Welcome To It" (which starred another
> ST guest, William Window, who played Decker in "The Doomsday Machine"),
> the daughter in a movie titled "The War Between Men and Women"
> (interestingly, both the previous series and this movie were based on
> James Thurber material), she played the daughters of both Felix Unger
> (of "The Odd Couple) and Phyllis Lindstrom (of "Mary Tyler Moore" and
> "Phyllis"), and guested on more TV shows and TV movies than you can
> name.  I haven't seen her recently, though; I wonder what happened.
> --
>     Barry Margolin
>     ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics
>     UUCP: ..!genrad!mit-eddie!barmar

i'm reasonably sure that the little girl in the children shall lead was
played by Cathy Silvers daughter of Phil Silvers (Sgt. Bilko). This goes
for her appearance on the Odd Couple, and as Phyllis' daughter. Her
last role was a Jenny Piccolo on Happy Days.
--

		"It's either believe that, or else believe we're
		 only characters in a series of stories being

Larry Freund
UUCP: {cucard,philabs,pegasus,esquire,rocky2,ihnp4}!aecom!frdish

jackh@zehntel.UUCP (jack hagerty) (10/25/84)

>                       ... and for over a decade, she was one of the most
> popular child stars, especially on TV.
>        I haven't seen her recently, though; I wonder what happened.
> --
>     Barry Margolin

I guess she grew up. ;-)

                                    Jack Hagerty, Zehntel Inc.
                                     ...!ihnp4!zehntel!jackh

jimc@haddock.UUCP (10/25/84)

Pamelyn Ferdin was NOT the daughter of Phyllis.

Bess was played by Lisa Gerritson, in both Mary Tyler Moore
and Phyllis.

Pamelyn Ferdin was also NOT Lydia in My World and Welcome to
It.  It was also Lisa Gerritson.

Poor Lisa...

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (10/26/84)

<>

Another vote that the little girl was Pamelyn Ferdin.  My sister and I
noted her name and voice when we used to watch the Peanuts specials.
Since then, we've seen her in a few other shows and/or commercials, the
former listing her name in the titles.

By the way, sis' name is Pamela (hence, our remembering such trivia due
to resemblance of names).

Also, seems to me that Lt.(?) Riley who sang "I'll take you home again,
Kathleen" was in a cowboy movie or two?  Anybody know of this?

Lastly, why did the dudes who caged Capt. Hunter wear their rear-ends on
their heads?  Plus, why did they pulse so? ...I'd hate to see 'em defecate.

Bottoms up!

swc

chris@leadsv.UUCP (Chris Salander) (10/30/85)

In article <213@astroatc.UUCP>, johnw@astroatc.UUCP writes:

> The cause is due to some novilization, where the author EXTRAPOLATED
> the nature of Klingons.  It was written (I know not where) that
> there were 3 breeds or races of Klingons.  Type 1 is most human like.
> Personally, I think the sieries authors didn't know the difference
> between Romulans and Klingons.
> *ROMULANS*, who just happened to
> be using Klingon ships, the Romulans definatly had white skin. (Maybe
> well tanned, but NOT olive!)
> --

	1) I think it has already been agreed that the Klingons in the
TV series looked different than the Klingons in the movies because of
the limited budget of the TV show.  It already had the highest cost of
any series at that time and that was one of the motivations for cancelling
the show.  The same limited budget also explains the lack of "alien-ness"
in the Romulans.

	2) It is the consensus of most of the people that I have talked
to that the Romulans were given Klingon ships because of the problems
that result from the Birds of Prey being SUB-LIGHT vessels.  Since it
was the third year, I doubt if there were the resources or the inclination
to build a new model.  But this sort of weapons exchange is common.
The Russians have been careful to dispose of all the photographs from
WWII that show them fighting with American lend-lease equipment; but I
have seen a good picture of Russians advancing through Vienna with a
Sherman tank.

				- Christopher Salander