[net.startrek] STIV - really Court Martial correction

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (11/06/85)

In article <329@ssc-vax.UUCP> adolph@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark Adolph) writes:
>>> SULU: Starship command, of a heavy cruiser. The last "Constitution" Class ..
>> Nope, nope. A Starship as a first command? More like a scout or destroyer ..
>
>What a minute.  Wasn't the Enterprise Kirk's first command?  I don't
>remember specifics, but I recall reading somewhere that Kirk was the
>youngest person to ever be awarded command of a starship.  I also recall
>that in "Court Martial", he mentions that he asked for Finney aboard his
>"first command".
>					-- Mark A.

I find no evidence of this remark in Court Martial, but Dr. Dehner does say
it about Kirk and Mitchell in Where No Man etc.
Of course this neither proves nor disproves your main hypothesis.  I do have
the vague impression that Kirk was the youngest captain of a heavy cruiser,
though.
sb