[net.startrek] Favorite Line

swc@cbscc.UUCP (Scott W. Collins) (11/16/84)

,
I've enjoyed seeing people quote their favorite(?) line at the bottom of
their posting.  How 'bout those (like me) who normally don't -- or even do.
Send your own personal posting "trailer"...

E.G. :

	"Tell 'em, Jim! Tell 'em, Jim!"
   	||	"Mr. Spock, we have a flop."
   		||	"I recognize the customary accoutrements."
   			||	"Logical. Flawlessly logical."

Scott W. Collins
ATT - Bare Rubber Trees
Columbus, OH

p.s.
	Pardon me if I slightly misquote...
	Also, if vulcan men (e.g. Sarek, Spock, Surak) have their names start
	with an 'S' and end in a 'k', what of Stonn (not Lazarus)?

raiche@dartvax.UUCP (George A. Raiche) (09/25/85)

I was always a fan of this exhange from "Doomsday Machine":

Kirk: "Matt--there is no fourth planet!"
Decker: "Don't you think I know that??"

				George Raiche
				Dept. of Chemistry
				Dartmouth

honorable mention:
Kirk (in Piece of the Action): "Who's interferin'? We're, aah,
				takin' over!"

usenet@ucbvax.ARPA (USENET News Administration) (09/25/85)

While we're reminiscing (from `A Taste of Armageddon'):

	Ambassador Fox:	(shocked) ``Mr. Spock, WHAT are you DOING??''

	Spock:	``I am practicing an obscure form of diplomacy, Sir''

	(Spock then raises his weapon, and fires...)

KBHK Ch. 44 in SF has just started showing ST at 6:00pm on weekdays,

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucbarpa.BERKELEY.EDU

scott@hou2g.UUCP (Racer X) (09/25/85)

In addition to today's signature line, here are a few more of
my favorites:

	"Right Spocko?"     "Check."        [Piece of the Action]

	"...and McCoy...?"
		"Is the random element."    [City on the Edge of Forever]

	Something along the lines of
	"I am constantly amazed,
	 Captain, at your constant
	 ability to inform me of things
	 of which I already know."          [???????]

	Also, what Sarek ("of Vulcan") said about
	Tellurites in "Journey to Babel" struck me
	as quite good.

Well, until my memory is further jogged (or at least trotted),

			"Laddie--Doon't ya think ya shoold...rephrase that?"

				Scott J. Berry
				ihnp4!hou2g!scott

adolph@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark Adolph) (09/26/85)

*** YOUR MESSAGE ***

> honorable mention:
> Kirk (in Piece of the Action): "Who's interferin'? We're, aah,
> 				takin' over!"

A favorite from the same episode:

Spock (to Oxmyx): "I'd advise ya ta keep dialin'."
--

					-- Mark A.
					...{uw-beaver|fluke}!ssc-vax!adolph

	"1 + 1 = 1, for sufficiently small values of 1..."

ginger@ssc-vax.UUCP (Ginger Grover) (09/30/85)

>>>"Then GO...or STAY...but do it because it is what you WISH to do!"

I remember that scene.  It always makes me nash my teeth and WISH
that wimpy Marla would zap him in the bedoobies and give him a voice
like Mickey Mouse.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

I wonder if Gene Roddenberry has considered using Gary Seven
(Robert Lansing) and Miss Lincoln (Terri Garr) in a ST movie?
At the end of that episode, Spock referred to some future
adventures involving the two.  Is Lansing still around?
Haven't seen him in ages . . .

--

   		           Ginger
		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

       ="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="=
          I am the spinner, the weaver of mysteries.
	  I stitch together the patterns of time;
	  I weave the seasons one into another;
	  I spin out the web of the world's design.
       ="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="="=

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (10/02/85)

> I wonder if Gene Roddenberry has considered using Gary Seven
> (Robert Lansing) and Miss Lincoln (Terri Garr) in a ST movie?
> At the end of that episode, Spock referred to some future
> adventures involving the two.  Is Lansing still around?
> Haven't seen him in ages . . .
> --
>
>    		           Ginger

Well, from what I heard, that show was a "Pilot" for a weekly TV series
with Gary Seven.  Unfortunately, the network said no.  A real pity,
although I'm not sure what the series would have been about.  It would
get kind of weak if Gary kept having to save the Earth from being screwed
up.  Maybe if he got to go wherever he wanted in time with his silly
secretary.  Thoughts?
--
"Loving you goes far beyond
 any distant star."                         Peter Merchant

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (10/02/85)

Robert (Gary Seven) Lansing is still alive and kicking.  He
did a play in Toronto recently.  He seems to have aged
more gracefully than say DeForest Kelley but less gracefully
than Bill Shatner.  Terry Garr, of course, is a *bona fide*
star these days and seems to have made most of her career out
of playing Roberta Lincoln-type ditzes.

RJS

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (10/06/85)

> > honorable mention:
> > Kirk (in Piece of the Action): "Who's interferin'? We're, aah,
> > 				takin' over!"
>
> A favorite from the same episode:
>
> Spock (to Oxmyx): "I'd advise ya ta keep dialin'."

  Spock:  "It is your driving which alarms me, Captain"

--Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die!
--udenva!showard
--"He's dead, Jim"

allan@nmtvax.UUCP (10/07/85)

My favorite line is in "Catspaw".  After hearing some lines trying to scare
them, Kirk and Spock remark on what they have heard:

Kirk - Analysis, Spock.
Spock - Very bad poetry, sir.

Does anyone know this "very bad poetry"?

Allan F. Perry

morrell@hplabsb.UUCP (10/09/85)

> adventures involving the two.  Is Lansing still around?
> Haven't seen him in ages . . .
>

>    		           Ginger
> 		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger

Robert Lansing was recently in the short-lived series, Automan,
with Desi Arnaz, Jr.  He is still in good shape.

mnw@trwrba.UUCP (Michael N. Washington) (10/10/85)

In article <3649@dartvax.UUCP> merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) writes:

>Well, from what I heard, that show was a "Pilot" for a weekly TV series
>with Gary Seven.  Unfortunately, the network said no.  A real pity,
>although I'm not sure what the series would have been about.  It would
>get kind of weak if Gary kept having to save the Earth from being screwed
>up.  Maybe if he got to go wherever he wanted in time with his silly
>secretary.  Thoughts?
>--
>"Loving you goes far beyond
> any distant star."                         Peter Merchant

Even though T. Garr's character seemed silly, I got the impression that
she was quite intelligent.  If "Hollywood" didn't portray her  the  way
they usually show women, I think her character would have been quite an
asset if the show became a series.  I think the network could have made
a stab at the series.  Gary Seven would no doubt go around saving earth
but he also didn't want to stay on earth  longer  than  necessary.   He
made a reference when he transported down from the Enterprise, "Look at
them, how can they live like that" or something  to  that  effect.   He
could be shown trying to convince the race that prepared him to let him
return.  Remember, even the ST universe did not know of this race!

"Live Long and Prosper!"

Michael N. Washington
TRW E&DS  Redondo Beach, Ca.  90278

{ucbvax,decvax,hplabs}!trwrb!trwrba!mnw

tomfi@tekig4.UUCP (Tom Fitzpatrick) (10/10/85)

In article <3088@hplabsb.UUCP> morrell@hplabsb.UUCP writes:
>> Is Lansing still around?
>> Haven't seen him in ages . . .
>>
>>    		           Ginger
>> 		ihnp4!uw-beaver!ssc-vax!ginger
>
>Robert Lansing was recently in the short-lived series, Automan,
>with Desi Arnaz, Jr.  He is still in good shape.

Lansing is currently appearing in the new show "The Equalizer" on Wednesdays
at 10:00. He plays the head of a CIA-type agency.

						The Spitzer

morrell@hplabsb.UUCP (10/12/85)

One of my favorite lines is from "The Ultimate Computer":

 "Computers make excellent and efficient servants, but I have no wish to
  serve under them."  (Spock, stardate 4729.4)

The book "Star Trek Speaks" (1979) written by Susan Sackett, Fred
Goldstein, and Stan Goldstein is an excellent collection of memorable
lines from the series.  I highly recommend this book.

johnw@astroatc.UUCP (10/16/85)

In article <1624@trwrba.UUCP> mnw@trwrba.UUCP (Michael N. Washington) writes:
>could be shown trying to convince the race that prepared him to let him
>return.

Sounds kinda like Dr. Who!

rem@bu-cs.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) (11/08/85)

My favorite line is from "Patterns of Force" at which time Kirk and Spock
are imprisoned by the Nazi's. They remove the transponders from their wrists.
Spock is on Kirk's back aiming the laser weapon made from the transponders at
the cell door. Kirk says: "Spock, I don't care if you hit the broad side of a
barn.". And Spock says: "Captain, Why should I aim for such a structure?"