[net.startrek] Star Trek Theme Song

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (11/01/85)

Does anyone have the words (yes, words) to the theme
song?  I saw them once with the sheet music, and all
I remember is that they were pretty bad.  Something
about waiting for her Star Warrior to come home.

--

	--Kevin Chu
	..!{ucbvax,lll-crg,dual}!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

jjg@security.UUCP (Jeff Glass) (11/04/85)

In article <214@ucdavis.UUCP> ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) writes:
> Does anyone have the words (yes, words) to the theme
> song?  I saw them once with the sheet music, and all
> I remember is that they were pretty bad.  Something
> about waiting for her Star Warrior to come home.

	Beyond
	The rim of the star-light
	My love
	Is wand'ring in star-flight
	I know
	He'll find in star-clustered reaches
	Love,
	Strange love a star woman teaches.
	I know
	His journey ends never
	His star trek
	Will go on forever.
	But tell him
	While he wanders his starry sea
	Remember, remember me.

		"Theme from STAR TREK";  lyrics by Gene Roddenberry.

This is found in "The Making of STAR TREK" by Stephen E. Whitfield and
Gene Roddenberry, on the page before the table of contents.

/jeff
--
  security!jjg@mitre-bedford.ARPA				(MIL)
 {allegra,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!security!jjg	(UUCP)

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (11/07/85)

> Does anyone have the words (yes, words) to the theme
> song?  I saw them once with the sheet music, and all
> I remember is that they were pretty bad.  Something
> about waiting for her Star Warrior to come home.
>
> --
>
> 	--Kevin Chu
> 	..!{ucbvax,lll-crg,dual}!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

  I think Gene Roddenberry or Gene L. Coon or somebody like that wrote the
words.  There was also a line about "Strange love a star-woman teaches."

--Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
--aka Steve Howard, ...udenva!showard
--"Who put the tribbles in the quadrotriticale?"

tjaphet@udenva.UUCP (Tom Japhet) (11/07/85)

    Here are the offical "Star Trek" lyrics as written by the
show's creator, Gene Roddenberry:

     Beyond the rim of the starlight
     My love is wandering in star flight.
     I know he'll find
     In star clustered reaches,
     Love, strange love
     A star woman teaches.
     I know his journey ends never.
     His star trek will go on forever.
     But tell him while
     He wanders his starry sea,
     Remember,
     Remember me.

I believe that Nichelle Nichols sang the theme song on the Tonight Show
quite some time ago.

			  Don Shriver

"Well, you know what they say, Leiutenant; be careful what you
wish for: you may get it."

rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) (11/07/85)

I heard rumors a while ago that new lyrics had been written for the same
melody and that Roddenberry liked them a lot, saying he wished he had put
something like that to paper instead of the stuff he did come up with.
The rumors I heard were that the new lyrics would be in ST4.  Anybody hear
anything else about this topic?  If so, has anybody got the new lyrics?
--
"It's only by NOT taking the human race seriously that I retain what
 fragments of my once considerable mental powers I still possess!"

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (11/08/85)

In article <578@riccb.UUCP>, rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) writes:
> I heard rumors a while ago that new lyrics had been written for the same
> melody and that Roddenberry liked them a lot, saying he wished he had put
> something like that to paper instead of the stuff he did come up with.
> The rumors I heard were that the new lyrics would be in ST4.  Anybody hear
> anything else about this topic?  If so, has anybody got the new lyrics?
> 	Roger Noe			ihnp4!riccb!rjnoe

	A singer named Judy Roberts recently released an album, "You are
there" I believe, that has her version of the theme on it. I don't know
if it is the 'old' lyrics or the 'new' ones. Nice stuff anyway.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."