[net.startrek] Identify that quote

eric@oakhill.UUCP (Eric Quintana) (10/16/85)

>From: timpson@comet.DEC (ACE TECH)
>
>"Or it could be a beaker of death."   [Identify speaker and episode.]
>
>Bones Says it in the episode where the Enterprise comes on a planet
>exactly like earth and there are only children left Bonk Bonk...
>
>steve:^)

Sorry, that's not correct.  I have yet to see the correct answer.

				   Eric Quintana

scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) (10/20/85)

In article <560@oakhill.UUCP> eric@oakhill.UUCP (Eric Quintana) writes:
>>From: timpson@comet.DEC (ACE TECH)
>>
>>"Or it could be a beaker of death."   [Identify speaker and episode.]
>>
>>Bones Says it in the episode where the Enterprise comes on a planet
>>exactly like earth and there are only children left Bonk Bonk...
>>
>>steve:^)
>
>Sorry, that's not correct.  I have yet to see the correct answer.
>
>				   Eric Quintana

How about McCoy to Spock in 'Wink of an Eye', where Spock is about to drink
a fluid that should accellerate him to Kirk's super-speed in an attempt to
rescue him and the Enterprise?

-Sean Colbath

"Shut up, Spock!  We're rescuing you!"
"Why thank you, CAPTAIN McCoy..."
UUCP:    {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!scco
BITNET:  SCCO@UORVM

dlnash@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Donald L. Nash) (10/22/85)

> "Or it could be a beaker of death."  [Identify speaker and episode.]

The speaker is Spock.  I can't remember the title of the episode, but it
is the one in which the landing party is subjected to radiation from a
comet and begins to age rapidly.  Chekov is unaffected because he was
scared by the sight of a dead body.  Therefore, McCoy determines that
the antidote to the aging is adrenalin (sp?).  The beaker contains a
dark fluid which is some adrenalin derivative.  Kirk takes the
injection, goes into convulsions, and is cured just in time to save the
Enterprise from a Klingon attack.  Modern science triumphs again!  Sorry
I can't deliver the title, but I hardly ever notice the titles when I'm
watching any TV show.  Does that mean I don't get the grand prize (if
there is one)?

					Don Nash
 ____________      _______
(____________)   /        \
         \      /    __    \
        |-\----|    /  \    |     NCC 1701
        |-/----|    \__/    |     USS ENTERPRISE
 ________/___   \          /
(____________)    \_______/

UUCP:  ...!{ihnp4,allegra,seismo!ut-sally}!ut-ngp!dlnash
APRA:  dlnash@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU

peter@puff.UUCP (10/23/85)

it hyas been asked where :

>"Or it could be a beaker of death."   [Identify speaker and episode.]

I believe it was Spock or Bones the episode (excuse me, but I don't
memorize titles :-) in which Kirk is accellerated until he sounds like a bug.
The beaker was the one that had a possible antidote which although the people
who had the problem said there was none possible.

									   Peter Newcomb

p.s.  I don't know if this is correct, so please, no flames.

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (10/23/85)

> > "Or it could be a beaker of death."  [Identify speaker and episode.]
>
> The speaker is Spock.  I can't remember the title of the episode, but it
> is the one in which the landing party is subjected to radiation from a
> comet and begins to age rapidly.
> Enterprise from a Klingon attack.
                    ^^^^^^^
> 					Don Nash
> UUCP:  ...!{ihnp4,allegra,seismo!ut-sally}!ut-ngp!dlnash
> APRA:  dlnash@ngp.UTEXAS.EDU

No prize, just a defamation of character suit.  The ships were
Romulan.  The episode was Deadly Years.

			Lord Kahless

cris@nmtvax.UUCP (10/25/85)

"Or it could be a beaker of death"

That line comes from THE DEADLY YEARS.
Kirk is straped to the bed in sickbay. He seams to have aged a bit.
The Enterprise is under Romulan attack. (Commodore whatshisname's fault)
Spock walks in with a small beaker which may have the cure for the
aging process (Adrenelax ?). And Spock says (curtain please)

[paraphrased]
"It could give life, or it could be a beaker of death"

meier@srcsip.UUCP (Christopher M. Meier) (10/30/85)

>>"Or it could be a beaker of death."   [Identify speaker and episode.]
Spock, Miri

notes@isucs1.UUCP (11/03/85)

Bones said it in the episode where the landing party, all except
Chechov, had contracted a desease which caused them to grow old.
Kirk was in the sick bay and the ship, under command of some stupid
untrained desk jocky, was surrounded by romulan vessels.

rem@bu-cs.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) (11/08/85)

"It could be a beaker of death" is either from "Wink of an Eye" where Spock
and McCoy are making up an antidote for the acceleration drug or it is from
the deadly years where McCoy makes an antidote for the affects of the
Meteor (sp?)

shiue@h-sc1.UUCP (steve shiue) (11/09/85)

> "It could be a beaker of death" is either from "Wink of an Eye" where Spock
> and McCoy are making up an antidote for the acceleration drug or it is from
> the deadly years where McCoy makes an antidote for the affects of the
> Meteor (sp?)

	It is most definitely from the one where the kids
are getting old or dying - don't know if this is "Wink of an
Eye" or not.

			-Steve Shiue

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (11/10/85)

	For the last time, the quote "or it could be a beaker of death"
is from "Miri", not "The Deadly Years". The relevant quote in DY is
"It could cure, or it could kill."

(I just saw DY two days ago.)

Resident Trekker,

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."