[net.startrek] * Commodores and Admirals

dtuttle@uw-june (David C. Tuttle) (11/17/85)

>In article <3168@hplabsb.UUCP> bl@hplabsb.UUCP writes:
>>It's official, the navy has dropped the rank of commodore.  Those officers
>>who used to be commodores (one star) will now be known as "rear admiral
>>lower half".  Officers with two stars will now be known as "rear admiral
>>upper half".  I kid you not!

>Care to cite your source?  I just got out of the Navy, and about 3-4 yrs ago
>they reinstituted the rank of Commodore.  It seems that the other one-star
>officers (Brigadier General) were upset that the Navy one-stars got a
>free ride to two stars.
>	John Allred

Well, I read it in the paper last week, and if you can't believe what
you read in the paper, what *can* you believe? :-)
David C. Tuttle 	 Dept. of Computer Science, University of Washington
[ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax]!uw-beaver!uw-june!dtuttle		dtuttle@uw-june.ARPA