[net.startrek] Yet more Trivia

allan@nmtvax.UUCP (11/18/85)

In the great tradition of trivia around, I present yet another Star Trek
trivia quiz.  Here we go:

1)  Name the episodes in which no one is killed (as far as the viewer knows).

2)  Name the episodes in which Kirk has sex with someone during the show.

3)  Name the episodes in which a landing party beams down and a nonregular
    character is killed.

BONUS:

Name the character and the episode in which the following line is taken:

"Let's get the hell out of here"

Good Luck!

Alan F. Perry
...lanl!unmvax!nmtvax!allan

lear@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (eliot lear) (11/20/85)

>  Name the episodes in which a landing party beams down and a nonregular
>  character is killed.

Name an episode in which a REGULAR character was killed!  The reverse is
innumerable!!

>Name the character and the episode in which the following line is taken:
>
>"Let's get the hell out of here"

Ah yes, those immortal words after the death of Edith Keiler (?Sp).  Who
could forget THE CITY ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER?

					eliot
--

Should the opinions expressed above be those of someone else besides the
author..  Well.. it ain't my fault.

[lear@topaz.rutgers.edu]
[{allegra,seismo}!topaz!lear]

bradley@im4u.UUCP (David K. Bradley) (11/20/85)

In article <871@nmtvax.UUCP> allan@nmtvax.UUCP writes:
>In the great tradition of trivia around, I present yet another Star Trek
>trivia quiz.  Here we go:
>
>3)  Name the episodes in which a landing party beams down and a nonregular
>    character is killed.

Let's name the episodes in which this DOESN'T happen! :-)

--
David Bradley

David K. Bradley,  UUCP:  {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!im4u!bradley
ARPA Internet and CSNET:  bradley@im4u.UTEXAS.EDU

gba@riacs.ARPA (George Adams) (11/20/85)

> In the great tradition of trivia around, I present yet another Star Trek
> trivia quiz.  Here we go:
>
> 1)  Name the episodes in which no one is killed (as far as the viewer knows).
>
> 2)  Name the episodes in which Kirk has sex with someone during the show.
>
> 3)  Name the episodes in which a landing party beams down and a nonregular
>     character is killed.
>
> BONUS:
>
> Name the character and the episode in which the following line is taken:
>
> "Let's get the hell out of here"
>

> Good Luck!
>
> Alan F. Perry
> ...lanl!unmvax!nmtvax!allan

Answering the BONUS:
  The line is spoken by Kirk in "The City on the Edge of Forever" written
  by Harlan Ellison.  It is the last line in the episode as I recall.

Further speculation on the BONUS:

  Is this the first time the word "hell" was spoken on a regular network
  show broadcast in the U.S.?  I remember being rather surprised/intrigued
  at the time.  According to "The Making of Star Trek," NBC censors of the
  day often required script and costume changes.  Does anyone have any
  solid information on this bit of lexical trivia?

George Adams
...decvax!decwrl!riacs!gba

howie@cucca.UUCP (Howie Kaye) (11/21/85)

In article <871@nmtvax.UUCP> allan@nmtvax.UUCP writes:
>In the great tradition of trivia around, I present yet another Star Trek
>trivia quiz.  Here we go:
>
>BONUS:
>
>Name the character and the episode in which the following line is taken:
>
>"Let's get the hell out of here"

Kirk says it at the end of "City on the Edge of Forever"
--
Howie Kaye				Sy.Howie@CU20B.ARPA
Columbia University 			HKAUS@cuvma (bitnet)