[net.startrek] The next Star Trek Movie???

wildstar@nmtvax.UUCP (10/22/85)

     Some ideas that Leonard Nimoy should take into account for the next movie:

I) Kirk should assume a post worthy of his rank/experience/sacrifice.  This
could be anything from resuming his duties as head of cadet training, becoming
an Ambassador ( either at large or to some major planet, like Vulcan -
Captain Robert April, who was the first commander of the Enterprise, was made
an Ambassador upon promotion to Commodore after his five year tour ), or
becoming Star Fleet Commander In Chief.

   It is my feeling that the destruction of the Enterprise was an indication
that Kirk has finally matured, that he does not need a Starship anymore to
prove or otherwise express himself. He can use Pavel, Hikaru, Spock, Nyota,
and Montgomery as his staff officers to help him do whatever Starfleet needs.
But Kirk should never be allowed to command a Starship again! His talents are
desperately needed elsewhere!!

II) James T. Kirk and Nyota Uhura should marry. For many years Kirk has been
an extremely lonely man.  During his service, he might have had a couple
relationships in his cadet days, maybe made a couple women pregnant during
an ill-starred affair ( Deela of Scalos, Carol Marcus, Miramanee ), and
have found the right women at the wrong time ( Areel Shaw, Edith Keeler, Rayna
Kopeck, Vice Admiral Lori Ciani ). But in each case, either the duties of
command or untoward circumstances have come between him and full emotional
health/capabilities/relationships.

Kirk now is entering a new phase.  Being middle aged, and having finally been
unable to cheat death this time around, he should be able to appreciate his
humanity and his mortality.  His service is now no longer to be in a direct,
active role, instead his duties are now comcomant to that of a senior
Starfleet executive. There is a new generation of officers and men to take his
place.  He should be able to relinquish the reins, and do so contently.

As far as Nyota is concerned, since Communications is a service position, and
not a command position, she is starting to also reach the end of an active
career. She could continue to serve on Bridges everywhere, but what is the
point?  She also has many good memories of what she has accomplished and of
the people she served with. But so far ( according to what I read of as Nyota's
biography in various Star Trek publications ) there has been no man that she
has really respected as her equal who is also accessable to her at the same
time. But now with the Enterprise gone, now that she has reached Commander
rank, and now that Kirk is no longer preoccupied with duty, it should be
about time for her to suddenly realise her opportunity.

Kirk is one of the few men she has really respected, she has not had a romance
at all with him at any time while she served under him, out of respect for
both his and
her integrity.  Kirk has a very high opinion indeed of her, they have been
close friends for many years, and know each other's strengths, weaknesses,
and personalities well.

It is my feeling that at this point in time ( STIV? ) Jim and Nyota should both
recognize that this time is right, the feelings are right, and that they are
ready! This is a natural if I have ever seen one.  Perhaps Jim should be
prompted somehow by Bones that it is time to settle down.

So STIV should not be only about whatever adventure the crew has.  It should
also be a very natural setting for Jim and Nyota to have a long talk, fall
in love, get married, settle down into high level Starfleet positions, and
start a baby. If that is too tedious, start the movie with the child's first
birthday.

III) Bones should retire on Captain's pension and start a private practice
in San Francisco. He may want to do research on Fabrini artifacts and methods
with applications to Federation patients. He may want to patch up things
with either the Fabrini Priestess or his former wife ( the one he who divorced
him before he joined Starfleet ), or he may stay the same McCrotchety that
he always has.

IV) Hikaru and Pavel should serve together as Captain and First Officer of
one of the newer starships. STIV may want to revolve around them as the
command crew. Montgomery may serve as Captain of Engineering, perhaps
with Mira Romaine as his assistant.

V) Now we get to Spock. It may be entirely possible that he is going to be
the Prime Operator for some crisis or mission where he has to put the old
crew together again.

I am sure that these ideas do not sound ludicrious, I submit to you that
these are very likely coalesceing forces in the timeline.

Sincerely,
Andrew Jonathan Fine
(Wildstar)

scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) (10/24/85)

In article <824@nmtvax.UUCP> wildstar@nmtvax.UUCP (Andrew Fine) writes:

>     Some ideas that Leonard Nimoy should take into account for the next movie:
>
>I) Kirk should assume a post worthy of his rank/experience/sacrifice.  This
>could be anything from resuming his duties as head of cadet training, becoming
>an Ambassador ( either at large or to some major planet, like Vulcan -
>Captain Robert April, who was the first commander of the Enterprise, was made
>an Ambassador upon promotion to Commodore after his five year tour ), or
>becoming Star Fleet Commander In Chief.

I think you will find that Captain Pike was first Captain of the Enterprise...

>   It is my feeling that the destruction of the Enterprise was an indication
>that Kirk has finally matured, that he does not need a Starship anymore to
>prove or otherwise express himself. He can use Pavel, Hikaru, Spock, Nyota,
>and Montgomery as his staff officers to help him do whatever Starfleet needs.
>But Kirk should never be allowed to command a Starship again! His talents are
>desperately needed elsewhere!!

Good point.  Time to branch out.  But in reference to both paragraphs, why not
have him acting as an 'outlaw'?  It seems likely to me that starfleet is still
not going to be especially 'happy' with Kirk, so maybe he could operate on his
own (or perhaps with Spock or Sulu) undermining the forces of Evil everywhere.
Or, alternatively, he could be picked up by a highly secret branch of starfleet
to do covert work.

>II) James T. Kirk and Nyota Uhura should marry.

Are you crazy???  This has got to be the most unlikely pairing I have ever
heard of.  You have practically stated it yourself - there is no precedent
for a romance between them.  Now, Kirk and Yeoman Rand, perhaps...  Or,
Uhura and Sulu or Chekov, maybe.  If you ask me, Kirk is too much of a loner
to be married for long.  His 'love' for the Enterprise has brought an end
to his first marriage, and he would probably be too shaken up over the death
of his son to consider another marriage and children.

>III) Bones should retire on Captain's pension and start a private practice
>in San Francisco. He may want to do research on Fabrini artifacts and methods
>with applications to Federation patients. He may want to patch up things
>with either the Fabrini Priestess or his former wife ( the one he who divorced
>him before he joined Starfleet ), or he may stay the same McCrotchety that
>he always has.

Undoubedly, he will stay 'McCrotchety'.  An interesting twist:  he could
go to Vulcan to study medecine, logic, and mind-melding techniques! ;-)

>IV) Hikaru and Pavel should serve together as Captain and First Officer of
>one of the newer starships. STIV may want to revolve around them as the
>command crew. Montgomery may serve as Captain of Engineering, perhaps
>with Mira Romaine as his assistant.

AAah, now there's an idea.  The book version of Star Trek III indicated that
Sulu was going to be either first or second in line for one of the new
'hyperwarp' starships (or perhaps the Galaxy ships, I forget), and it would
be nice to see these three get together.  However, James Doohan is really
showing his age these days.  I heard an un-substantiated rumor that the
'shore leave' that he was suffering from in STII was actually a heart-attack
in real life.

>V) Now we get to Spock. It may be entirely possible that he is going to be
>the Prime Operator for some crisis or mission where he has to put the old
>crew together again.

Spock is going to be the hardest to guess at.  He will have been the first
Vulcan in x million years to have been successfully resurected by the old
technique, and he will certianly be held in high regard by the Vulcans.
Perhaps his transformation will instill some knowledge or wisdom in him
that will put him on a rank with the Organians.  Personally, I would like
to 'see' the Organians in another movie.

>Sincerely,
>Andrew Jonathan Fine
>(Wildstar)

Personally, I would like to see a movie version of John Ford's
_The_Final_Reflection_.  This is one of the finest (I think) post-series
Star Trek novels to come out, because it hardly dealt with the main
characters at all, and also because it gave a close-in view of Klingon
life.  It portrayed them as 'human'...  BTW, does anyone know who was
responsable for the travesty performed on the Klingons in the movies?
Those costumes are hidious!!!  The series depiction was much better..

-Sean Colbath

"Logic is like a bed of beautiful flowers - which smell bad!!!"
UUCP:    {allegra,decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!rochester!ur-tut!scco
BITNET:  SCCO@UORVM

kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (10/24/85)

> I think you will find that Captain Pike was first Captain of the Enterprise...
	No, Captain April was stated to be the first Captain of the
Enterprise in one of the animated series shows.

> AAah, now there's an idea.  The book version of Star Trek III indicated that
> Sulu was going to be either first or second in line for one of the new
> 'hyperwarp' starships (or perhaps the Galaxy ships, I forget), and it would

	CAPTAIN Sulu was to be given the Excelsior as his first command (well
deserved) but various things came up (STII- The Wrath of Kahn) and the ship
was given to Styles.

> Personally, I would like to see a movie version of John Ford's
> _The_Final_Reflection_.  This is one of the finest (I think) post-series

	A wonderful suggestion. We'll NEVER see it happen.

						Kenneth Crist
						Star-Lord

ins_adlk@jhunix.UUCP (Darren Lee Kadish) (10/25/85)

Coming soon...teh truth about the next StarTrek movie!

--
Darren Kadish

ins_adlk@jhunix.UUCP (Darren Lee Kadish) (10/25/85)

You all have it wrong...I have a friend who went to the Trek convention
a while back...and it seems that STIV will be called ``The Trial''
This has some obvious implications!!!  I think Kirk and the rest of the
co-conspiritors may find themselves in deep legal trouble, like
hijacking, destruction of Federation property, entering a restricted
(quarintined) area etc...
It would be great if they brought back the lawyer who helped Kirk get off the
murder charge in that old episode...

Darren Kadish
--
Darren Kadish

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Kenneth Ada Arromdee) (10/25/85)

In article <187@ur-tut.UUCP> scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) writes:
>In article <824@nmtvax.UUCP> wildstar@nmtvax.UUCP (Andrew Fine) writes:
>>Captain Robert April, who was the first commander of the Enterprise, was made
>>an Ambassador upon promotion to Commodore after his five year tour ), or
>>becoming Star Fleet Commander In Chief.
>
>I think you will find that Captain Pike was first Captain of the Enterprise...

No, there was an animated episode where it was shown that Robert T. April
was the first.  Since "Robert T. April" was one of the original set of names
from which the names Pike and Kirk were chosen as names for Star Trek captains,
this probably was an in-joke.

If you know the alphabet up to 'k', you can teach it up to 'k'.

Kenneth Arromdee
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM and INS_AKAA at JHUVMS
CSNET: ins_akaa@jhunix.CSNET
ARPA: ins_akaa%jhunix@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_akaa

ph@wucec2.UUCP (Paul Hahn) (10/27/85)

In article <187@ur-tut.UUCP> scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) writes:
>In article <824@nmtvax.UUCP> wildstar@nmtvax.UUCP (Andrew Fine) writes:
>>Captain Robert April, who was the first commander of the Enterprise . . .
>
>I think . . . Captain Pike was first Captain of the Enterprise...

	    In the original series Kirk and Pike are the only Captains
	of the Enterprise ever mentioned.  Pike commanded the Enterprise
	before Kirk, but no mention is ever made of his being the FIRST
	Captain.  In the animated series' THE COUNTER-CLOCK INCIDENT
	April is introduced as the first ever Captain of the Enterprise.
	The name was actually one of the ones being considered for the
	lead character when the series was being developed; THE MAKING
	OF STAR TREK mentions a time when Captain Fill-in-the-Blank was
	changing names about as often as socks.
						--pH
/*
 *	"Brain, brain, and again brain!  What is brain?!"
 */

morgan@h-sc1.UUCP (windsor morgan) (10/28/85)

> You all have it wrong...I have a friend who went to the Trek convention
> a while back...and it seems that STIV will be called ``The Trial''
> This has some obvious implications!!!  I think Kirk and the rest of the
> co-conspiritors may find themselves in deep legal trouble, like
> hijacking, destruction of Federation property, entering a restricted
> (quarintined) area etc...
> It would be great if they brought back the lawyer who helped Kirk get off the
> murder charge in that old episode...
>

> Darren Kadish

     I agree about the lawyer, (What was his name and the actor's name?) but
shouldn't the crew get off this time? I mean, Scott, Sulu, Uhura, and
Chekov were following the orders of Admiral James Kirk, Chief of
Starfleet Operations, McCoy was 'as fruity as a nutcake', and Kirk *did*
capture an enemy starship that could change size! :-) Also, he retailiated
against persons (terrorists?) who murdered Federation citizens, and was
following a request of one of the Federation's most highly respected
Ambassadors, Sarek of Vulcan! Let's face it, Kirk has done it again!

--
'Verily, there be no leader as wise as the Vision!'

                             Windsor Morgan
                             Harvard College
                             Cambridge, MA 02138
                             {decvax,ihnp4}!seismo!harvard!{h-sc1,h-sc4}!morgan
                             OR
                             {harvard,allegra,genrad,ihnp4}!wjh12!cfa!morgan

johnw@astroatc.UUCP (10/28/85)

In article <187@ur-tut.UUCP> scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) writes:
>BTW, does anyone know who was
>responsable for the travesty performed on the Klingons in the movies?
>Those costumes are hidious!!!  The series depiction was much better..

First: I quite agree!!!!!!!!!!!! (They were *Supposed* to be EVIL and
	sinistar!!)  They were *COMICAL*, and that did NOT fit
	well into the movie!!!

The cause is due to some novilization, where the author EXTRAPOLATED
the nature of Klingons.  It was written (I know not where) that
there were 3 breads or races of Klingons.  Type 1 is most human like.
(The ones in "Trouble with Tribles")  Type 2 is a bit more agressive
etc. and has the olive skin color shown in many other shows.  Type
3 is are the travesties first shown in ST3.

Personally, I think the sieries authors didn't know the difference
between Romulans and Klingons.  (Help from someone with a VCR:
Am I experincine ECC errors, or did the romulans (one played by
Mark Lenord) in "Balance of Terror" with Bird of Prey ship have
white skin or olive.  During the quote "We a creatues of duty...
I have but one more duty to perform."  I remember olive! (maybe
it was smoke-grey due to the battle).  In the "Enterprise Incedent"
(where Spock woows the femal commander and Kirk gets pointed ears and
steal the Cloking device from the *ROMULANS*, who just happened to
be using Klingon ships, the Romulans definatly had white skin. (Maybe
well tanned, but NOT olive!)
--

			John W

Name:	John F. Wardale
UUCP:	... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} !uwvax!astroatc!johnw
arpa:   astroatc!johnw@rsch.wisc.edu
snail:	5800 Cottage Gr. Rd. ;;; Madison WI 53716
audio:	608-221-9001 eXt 110

To err is human, to really foul up world news requires the net!

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless) (10/29/85)

> In article <187@ur-tut.UUCP> scco@ur-tut.UUCP (Sean Colbath) writes:
> >responsable for the travesty performed on the Klingons in the movies?
> >Those costumes are hidious!!!  The series depiction was much better..
>
> First: I quite agree!!!!!!!!!!!! (They were *Supposed* to be EVIL and
> 	sinistar!!)  They were *COMICAL*, and that did NOT fit

The costumes were pretty dumb looking.  We're considering a libel suit.
But, let's face it, they called the ship in III a "Bird of Prey",
Which leads us to the next point...

> Personally, I think the sieries authors didn't know the difference
> between Romulans and Klingons.

Kirk sure doesn't.  In his opening lines in II, he says that Klingons
never take prisoners.

1) He'd been a Klingon prisoner.  (Captain Kang, Day of the Dove)

2) The incident was in Romulan space.  Why bring Klingons into the
picture?

> UUCP:	... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} !uwvax!astroatc!johnw

			Lord Kahless

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (10/30/85)

Speaking of the next Star Trek movie, the Canadian Broadcasting
Corporation's Midday program ran interviews with Roddenberry,
Doohan, Kelley, and Koenig this week that had been videotaped
on the set of Star Trek IV.  Nothing interesting was revealed in
what was said, but several hours after watching the interviews
something of great import did strike me:

they were done on the Enterprise bridge set

Since our beloved NCC-1701 was destroyed in the last film,
one has to wonder why that particular set was wired up, lit,
and apparently being used.   Hmmm ...

RJS in Toronto
c/o
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

scott@hou2g.UUCP (Colonel'K) (10/31/85)

>     I agree about the lawyer, (What was his name and the actor's name?)

Don't know the actor, but the character was Samuel P. (or T.) Cogley.

>                                                                 but
> shouldn't the crew get off this time? I mean, Scott, Sulu, Uhura, and
> Chekov were following the orders of Admiral James Kirk, Chief of
> Starfleet Operations,

Kirk was never "Chief of Starfleet Operations".  That was the guy who
forbade Kirk from going to the Genesis planet.

Scotty is guilty of sabotage, pure and simple.  The rest clearly went along
with Kirk freely.  (You can't get "busted" for disobeying illegal orders,
as far as I know, although there could of course be exceptions.)

>                        McCoy was 'as fruity as a nutcake', and Kirk *did*
> capture an enemy starship that could change size! :-) Also, he retailiated
> against persons (terrorists?) who murdered Federation citizens, and was
> following a request of one of the Federation's most highly respected
> Ambassadors, Sarek of Vulcan!

No doubt McCoy gets off (either on insanity charges, or as being the victim
of a kidnapping).  Ambassadors, no matter how respected, do not order
Admirals around.  Besides, "CofSO" probably knew about Sarek's "request",
and you know how he felt about "Vulcan mysticism".

>                                Let's face it, Kirk has done it again!

No argument here! :-)

> --
> 'Verily, there be no leader as wise as the Vision!'

Agreed!

				Scott J. Berry
				ihnp4!hou2g!scott

morrell@hplabsb.UUCP (11/01/85)

> > It would be great if they brought back the lawyer who helped Kirk get off the
> > murder charge in that old episode...
> >

> > Darren Kadish
>
>      I agree about the lawyer, (What was his name and the actor's name?) but
>
>                              Windsor Morgan

The lawyer's name was Samuel T. Cogley and was played by Elisha Cook, Jr.
I too would like to see him make an appearance in STIV.

rjnoe@riccb.UUCP (Roger J. Noe) (11/01/85)

> Kirk was never "Chief of Starfleet Operations".  That was the guy who
> forbade Kirk from going to the Genesis planet.
> 				Scott J. Berry

Oh, yes he was!  Recall in "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" Scott is taking
Kirk to the Enterprise in a small shuttle.  Scott is complaining about the
difficulties of getting the ship ready in time and counts as one of the
problems "an untried captain" (referring to Decker).  Kirk's reply is:
"Two and a half years as Chief of Starfleet Operations may have made me a
little stale, but . . . . They gave her back to me, Scotty!"

In "Star Trek: The Search for Spock" Admiral Morrow is Commander, Starfleet.
Just a bit higher than Kirk.
--
Roger Noe			ihnp4!riccb!rjnoe

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (11/01/85)

Oh, come on.  Why can't alien races have varying skin tones.  Surely
you aren't saying that just because a human has (pick one) black/brown/
olive/yellow/red/white skin instead of (pick another from same list) that
he or she isn't really human?

:-)

RJS in Toronto

c/o
--

marvinm@ttidcb.UUCP (Marvin Moskowitz) (11/05/85)

In article <3144@hplabsb.UUCP> morrell@hplabsb.UUCP writes:
>> > It would be great if they brought back the lawyer who helped Kirk get off the
>> > murder charge in that old episode...
>> >

>> > Darren Kadish
>>
>>      I agree about the lawyer, (What was his name and the actor's name?) but
>>
>>                              Windsor Morgan
>
>The lawyer's name was Samuel T. Cogley and was played by Elisha Cook, Jr.
>I too would like to see him make an appearance in STIV.

Unfortunately, I believe Mr. Cook has passed away. He was one of the great
character actors of all time, best remembered by me for his bravado
in the Bogart version of "The Big Sleep" (which dates him all by itself).

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (0058) (11/06/85)

> Speaking of the next Star Trek movie, the Canadian Broadcasting
> Corporation's Midday program ran interviews with Roddenberry,
> Doohan, Kelley, and Koenig this week that had been videotaped
> on the set of Star Trek IV.  Nothing interesting was revealed in
> what was said, but several hours after watching the interviews
> something of great import did strike me:
>
> they were done on the Enterprise bridge set
>
> Since our beloved NCC-1701 was destroyed in the last film,
> one has to wonder why that particular set was wired up, lit,
> and apparently being used.   Hmmm ...
>
> RJS in Toronto
> c/o
> --
>
> 					Tom Nadas

I don't know if they are even considering doing this for STIV, but
the comic book version of what happens after STIII is something like
this:

Kirk and friends some how manage to go back to the mirror universe from
"Mirror, Mirror".  This would explain the Enterprise set, if that really
was the Enterprise bridge and not from another ship.

I haven't read the comics, the whole story was told to me by a friend
who had.  I would prefer the comic book version rather than having the
gang go back to the Guardian of Time from TCotEoF.

ugzannin@sunybcs.UUCP (Adrian Zannin) (11/06/85)

> Are you crazy???  This has got to be the most unlikely pairing I have ever
> heard of.  You have practically stated it yourself - there is no precedent
> for a romance between them.  Now, Kirk and Yeoman Rand, perhaps...  Or,
> Uhura and Sulu or Chekov, maybe.  If you ask me, Kirk is too much of a loner
> to be married for long.  His 'love' for the Enterprise has brought an end
> to his first marriage, and he would probably be too shaken up over the death
> of his son to consider another marriage and children.

[]
  Where was it ever stated that Kirk and Dr. What's-her-name (Kirk's alleged
wife) were ever married?  I got a distinct impression that David (that was
Kirk's son's name, wasn't it?) was just an accident...
--
     Adrian Zannin
..{allegra,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksvax,watmath,sbcs}!sunybcs!ugzannin

avolio@decuac.UUCP (Frederick M. Avolio) (11/06/85)

In article <691@hou2g.UUCP>, scott@hou2g.UUCP (Colonel'K) writes:
> Scotty is guilty of sabotage, pure and simple...

Yes, but Scotty has been so important running Space Academy.  (Hmmmm...
maybe I'm thinking of another show.... :-))

ccrrick@ucdavis.UUCP (Rick Heli) (11/07/85)

> >The lawyer's name was Samuel T. Cogley and was played by Elisha Cook, Jr.
> >I too would like to see him make an appearance in STIV.
>

> Unfortunately, I believe Mr. Cook has passed away. He was one of the great
> character actors of all time, best remembered by me for his bravado
> in the Bogart version of "The Big Sleep" (which dates him all by itself).

Really?  I thought he was Wilmer, the "gunsel" in "The Maltese Falcon."
Maybe both?

ayers@convexs.UUCP (11/08/85)

/* Written  6:33 am  Nov  1, 1985 by tom@utcsri.UUCP in convexs:net.startrek */

Oh, come on.  Why can't alien races have varying skin tones.  Surely
you aren't saying that just because a human has (pick one) black/brown/
olive/yellow/red/white skin instead of (pick another from same list) that
he or she isn't really human?

:-)

RJS in Toronto

c/o
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto
/* End of text from convexs:net.startrek */

Hey, it worked until 1865, most places -- still does, in others...

(also :-)

blues, II

ee178ado@sdcc7.UUCP (BRUCE BINDER) (11/14/85)

> > to be married for long.  His 'love' for the Enterprise has brought an end
> > to his first marriage, and he would probably be too shaken up over the death
> > of his son to consider another marriage and children.
>
>   Where was it ever stated that Kirk and Dr. What's-her-name (Kirk's alleged
> wife) were ever married?  I got a distinct impression that David (that was
> Kirk's son's name, wasn't it?) was just an accident...
> --

I think I remember a line from "Where no man has gone before" in
which Kirk implies that Gary Lockwood got him mixed up with some
blond.  I think Kirk says that he barely got out of that
situation.  Can anyone confirm this?

ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless @ Imperial Propoganda) (11/19/85)

> >   Where was it ever stated that Kirk and Dr. What's-her-name (Kirk's alleged
> > wife) were ever married?  I got a distinct impression that David (that was
> > Kirk's son's name, wasn't it?) was just an accident...
> > --
>
> I think I remember a line from "Where no man has gone before" in
> which Kirk implies that Gary Lockwood got him mixed up with some
> blond.  I think Kirk says that he barely got out of that
> situation.  Can anyone confirm this?

I remember something about Mitchell steering a little blonde lab tech
in Kirk's direction, which sort of sounds like David's mother, but a
lot of females have blonde hair.  Anyway, Kirk's reply was something
like "I _a_l_m_o_s_t married her."

				Lord Kahless

cc-18@ucbcory.BERKELEY.EDU (Johnny Lee(Supervisor 349)) (11/25/85)

In article <345@ucdavis.UUCP> ccrdave@ucdavis.UUCP (Lord Kahless @ Imperial Propoganda) writes:
>> >   Where was it ever stated that Kirk and Dr. What's-her-name (Kirk's alleged
>> > wife) were ever married?  I got a distinct impression that David (that was
>> > Kirk's son's name, wasn't it?) was just an accident...
>> > --
>>
>> I think I remember a line from "Where no man has gone before" in
>> which Kirk implies that Gary Lockwood got him mixed up with some
>> blond.  I think Kirk says that he barely got out of that
>> situation.  Can anyone confirm this?
>
>I remember something about Mitchell steering a little blonde lab tech
>in Kirk's direction, which sort of sounds like David's mother, but a
>lot of females have blonde hair.  Anyway, Kirk's reply was something
>like "I _a_l_m_o_s_t married her."
>
>				Lord Kahless

	In the episode, Gary Lockwood specifically states the name
of the "little blonde lab tech" as being "Carol Markus".  I believe the
dialog goes:
	LOCKWOOD: ...remember that pretty blonde lab tech, Carol Markus?
	SHATNER:  You were responsible for that?  I nearly married her!

"Cover him, Spocko."
					Johnny Lee

{universe at large}!ucbvax!ucbcory!cc-18