[net.startrek] Making a better guide to the episodes.

johnw@astroatc.UUCP (11/11/85)

A while ago:

>From: morrell@hplabsb.UUCP
>Subject: Re: episodes

>The following is from the Official Star Trek Trivia Book by Rafe Needleman
>and from the Star Trek Concordance by Bjo Trimble.
>..... long list of details ....
>The descriptions were taken word for word from Needleman's book.  I know
>they're not the best, but I was too lazy to come up with my own.

Well, I've decided to reformat the above mentioned list with troff,
and expand some of the explainations.   What I'm particulary interested
in are the character names of non regulars in each episode, and in
details of certain threats or reasons for the big E comming withing
mm or microseconds or what-ever of TOTAL destruction.

If you have contributions, send them to me.  I *WILL* post
some enhanced guide in the future.

I may also post a list of detailed Q's soon too.

Also, If anyone has or knows of a better or more complete guide,
well, I always prefer the lazy route!
--

			John W

Name:	John F. Wardale
UUCP:	... {seismo | harvard | ihnp4} !uwvax!astroatc!johnw
arpa:   astroatc!johnw@rsch.wisc.edu
snail:	5800 Cottage Gr. Rd. ;;; Madison WI 53716
audio:	608-221-9001 eXt 110

To err is human, to really foul up world news requires the net!

brown@utflis.UUCP (Susan Brown) (11/19/85)

In article <233@astroatc.UUCP> johnw@astroatc.UUCP (John F. Wardale) writes:
>Well, I've decided to reformat the above mentioned list with troff,
>and expand some of the explainations.   What I'm particulary interested
>in are the character names of non regulars in each episode, and in
>details of certain threats or reasons for the big E comming withing
>mm or microseconds or what-ever of TOTAL destruction.
>If you have contributions, send them to me.  I *WILL* post
>some enhanced guide in the future.
>I may also post a list of detailed Q's soon too.
>Also, If anyone has or knows of a better or more complete guide,
>well, I always prefer the lazy route!

Yes, a list of detailed questions would probably elicit more help, since
the WHOLE job is too daunting for most.  There are several more complete
guides, but they are probably *too* complete, or full of personal viewpoints
and therefore require a lot of editing also.  Which is easier for you?

ugzannin@sunybcs.UUCP (Adrian Zannin) (11/26/85)

> In article <233@astroatc.UUCP> johnw@astroatc.UUCP (John F. Wardale) writes:
> >Well, I've decided to reformat the above mentioned list with troff,
> >and expand some of the explainations.   What I'm particulary interested
> >in are the character names of non regulars in each episode, and in
> >details of certain threats or reasons for the big E comming withing
> >mm or microseconds or what-ever of TOTAL destruction.
> >If you have contributions, send them to me.  I *WILL* post
> >some enhanced guide in the future.
> >I may also post a list of detailed Q's soon too.
> >Also, If anyone has or knows of a better or more complete guide,
> >well, I always prefer the lazy route!
>
> Yes, a list of detailed questions would probably elicit more help, since
> the WHOLE job is too daunting for most.  There are several more complete
> guides, but they are probably *too* complete, or full of personal viewpoints
> and therefore require a lot of editing also.  Which is easier for you?

If it is of any help, I have all the episode synopsis verbatim from the
Star Trek trivia book.  Someone posted it a while ago, and if you want I'll
send it along to you...please respond via e-mail.  Thanks...
--
     Adrian Zannin
..{allegra,bbncca,decvax,dual,rocksvax,watmath,sbcs}!sunybcs!ugzannin