[net.startrek] Yet Another Inconsistency

rodean@hpfcla.UUCP (11/12/85)

I noticed yet another inconsistency last night while watching the
episode where Emeniar (sp?) and Vendicar (sp?) have been waging computer
war for 500 years. Sorry I do not have a list of episode titles and I
missed the opening.

For the first half or so of the episode, they refered to the devices
that killed 'casualties' as a 'disintegration machine'. For the
remainder of the time, it was called a 'disintegration chamber'. Seems
pretty stupid to me that they couldn't get the script straight.

At any rate there are a couple of classical lines in the episode.
Somebody already mentioned Spock saying: "I'm practicing a unique form
of diplomacy, Sir." while disrupting a disintegration chamber. There are
a couple of lines at the end when Spock says to Kirk "Captain, you
almost make me believe in luck." to which Kirk replies "Spock, you
almost make me believe in miracles."

Bruce Rodean
{ihnp4|hplabs}!hpfcla!rodean

cipher@mmm.UUCP (Andre Guirard) (11/28/85)

In article <50000007@hpfclo.UUCP> rodean@hpfcla.UUCP writes:
>For the first half or so of the episode, they refered to the devices
>that killed 'casualties' as a 'disintegration machine'. For the
>remainder of the time, it was called a 'disintegration chamber'. Seems
>pretty stupid to me that they couldn't get the script straight.

I know!  Isn't it terrible how some people will call a cylindrical
container used for drinking fluids from a "cup", and then later on
they'll come right back and call it a "glass"?  Or they'll ask where
the "restroom" is and then later on call it the "bathroom"?

Their scriptwriters should be chastised! ;-)
--

 /''`\						Andre Guirard
([]-[])						De Tuss from de Tonn