[net.startrek] Star Trek video list: corrections

brown@nicmad.UUCP (12/24/85)

[Errors!!!  Errors!!!  Let me at them errors!!!]

I have received a piece of mail from Bob Barbato (ihnp4!lznv!rbr),
about some things he found in my Star Trek video tape list.

The first thing was that he found was that he found was in "Mudd's Women",
episode 6.  While actually listening to the tape, the first star date that
he heard was 1329.8.  But, the video tape box does indeed have 1329.1.
I am afraid that I don't know why the difference.

Second, in "The Menagerie, Pt 2", the first star date mentioned was 3013.1.
But, because both parts are on the the same tape, only the 3012.4 date is
printed.  So, I suggest that the 3012.4 date that I have listed for part 2
be removed.

Third, "The City On The Edge Of Forever" didn't have a star date mentioned.
Since I don't have the Paramount tapes, yet, I can't say what they have
compared to the TV tapes that are floating around.  So the date that is
printed on the box (3134.0) will have to stand.

Fourth, the correct title for episode 29 is: "Operation - Annihilate"

Fifth and last, the correct title for episode 32 is: "The Changeling".
The March 1985 issue of 'Video Review' had it listed as "The Changeling
Nomad".  I pulled out my early version of the Star Trek book and checked
the title.

Again, thanks to Bob for noticing the couple of errors.
--

              ihnp4------\
            harvard-\     \

ags@pucc-h (Dave Seaman) (12/29/85)

In article <480@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad.UUCP writes:
>Third, "The City On The Edge Of Forever" didn't have a star date mentioned.
>Since I don't have the Paramount tapes, yet, I can't say what they have
>compared to the TV tapes that are floating around.  So the date that is
>printed on the box (3134.0) will have to stand.

Although the Box for TCOTEOF does indeed give a stardate of 3134.0, I do
not believe any stardate is mentioned in the episode.  There seem to
be only two log entries in the episode:

	1.  Immediately after the opening credits, Kirk begins a log
	    entry with "Captain's Log -- Supplemental."  He does not
	    give a stardate.

	2.  At the beginning of the next segment, after McCoy has
	    disappeared into the past, Kirk makes an entry beginning
	    with "Captain's Log -- No Stardate.  For us, time does
	    not exist."
--
Dave Seaman	  					pur-ee!pucc-h!ags