[net.startrek] Galileo Seven and berating Spock

showard@udenva.UUCP (Mr. Blore) (02/11/86)

In article <1193@cvl.UUCP> andie@cvl.UUCP (Diane Donaldson) writes:
>Spock is usually the one who got the sh*t.  I mean, all that
>crap McCoy gave Spock about firing off the last of the fuel
>in the Galileo Seven.  THAT WAS THE LOGICAL THING TO DO!!!!!
>They didn't have a chance sitting around waiting to die!!!
>Almost all of the humans' psychology seemed to be "oh no,
>Spock is looking better than us again, we better insult him
>and drag him down to our level."  Gaaaa!

   That episode made McCoy and the other crewmen look really bad.  First of all
I'd expect men on a military ship in the 23rd century to have a more realistic
attitude about death than these jokers did.  Secondly, after another guy dies,
everyone hollers at Spock and McCoy gives him the "Where has your precious
logic gotten us now?" bit.  But it wasn't Spock's idea!  They insisted on going
out there, over his objections!  What's really bad about that scene is that
Spock takes responsibility for their stupid ass plan!

"People come up to me and say 'Do people really come up to you?'"
--
Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard