[net.startrek] tiger in 'SHORE LEAVE'

ugthomas@sunybcs.UUCP (Timothy Thomas) (02/07/86)

I noticed while watching Shore Leave (I also noticed that WPIX is
screwing up, they just showed Shore Leave 2 weeks ago) that the
tiger which Rodregues (sp?) had though of had a chain collar on.

Now what is a wild animal doing with a collar on?  8^)

--

____________   ____/--\____
\______  ___) (   _    ____)     "Damn it Jim!,

showard@udenva.UUCP (Mr. Blore) (02/11/86)

In article <2818@sunybcs.UUCP> ugthomas@gort.UUCP (Timothy Thomas) writes:

>I noticed while watching Shore Leave (I also noticed that WPIX is
>screwing up, they just showed Shore Leave 2 weeks ago) that the
>tiger which Rodriguez had though of had a chain collar on.
>
>Now what is a wild animal doing with a collar on?  8^)

   Obviously he thought of a tiger with a collar on!  (Actually it looked like
he thought of stock footage from the San Diego Zoo)  Too bad he didn't think of
a tiger chained TO something.

    Did anybody else notice that Rodriguez looked suspiciously non-Hispanic?

    Or that what's-her-name (McCoy's "princess") is awfully jealous over some-
one she's just met?

    Or that Finnegan and Ruth look real but the Black Knight has a mannequin
face?

   It's a good thing this episode is so entertaining that we (at least I) can
overlook all these problems.

"I was minding my own business, staring at people and trying to make their
brains explode . . ."
--
Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard

elb@mtx5d.UUCP (Ellen Bart) (02/18/86)

>    Obviously he thought of a tiger with a collar on!  (Actually it looked like
> he thought of stock footage from the San Diego Zoo)

Sorry to disappoint you but it was a real tiger on the set - not stock
footage.  And what's so unbelievable about a tiger with a collar?  Was
Don Juan more "realistic"?

>     Did anybody else notice that Rodriguez looked suspiciously non-Hispanic?

His father was Hispanic but his mother was a Wasp :-)

>     Or that what's-her-name (McCoy's "princess") is awfully jealous over some-
> one she's just met?

So?  Since when is jealousy logical?

>     Or that Finnegan and Ruth look real but the Black Knight has a mannequin
> face?

The Black Knight only looks like that after he's been shot.  Maybe these
things have a different "alive" and "dead" state.

>    It's a good thing this episode is so entertaining that we (at least I) can
> overlook all these problems.

Finally a point I can agree with !!!!

Ellen Bart