[net.startrek] Sequel to Shore Leave - Thanks

wb@mtx5a.UUCP (Werner Baumgartner) (02/20/86)

	Thank You, to the many people who answered my question
about a sequel to Shore Leave, both by mail and through the net.
I now know, that what I saw was one of the animated episodes.
	It's a shame the series did not build upon the idea of
sequels, it would have made some interesting journeys possible.

				Thanks Again
						Werner Baumgartner

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (02/24/86)

Werner calls it a shame that the series did not build upon the
idea of sequels.  But to my mind, the downfall of the animated
series was that it did far too many sequels and retreads, so
I'm glad we got something new and exciting each week in the live
action shows.

Robert J. Sawyer
in Toronto
c/o
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) (02/25/86)

In article <1201@mtx5a.UUCP>, wb@mtx5a.UUCP (Werner Baumgartner) writes:

> 	Thank You, to the many people who answered my question

> 	It's a shame the series did not build upon the idea of
> sequels, it would have made some interesting journeys possible.
>
> 						Werner Baumgartner

Ah, yes, but the series is built upon sequels these days... note Star Trek
II's being a sequel to   , and ST III a sequel to that, and ST IV...

etc etc etc

Boy, this whole post deserves one big
o    \
  --- |
o    /

wheel@blahblah!blahblah.UTEXAS.EDU

wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) (02/25/86)

In my last post, I mentioned that "ST II's being a sequel to " and then didnt
finish.

What I *meant* to type was, "a sequel to 'Space Seed'", the episode starring
Kahn.

"We apologize for in inconvenience."
"And now....number 3.... the larch... the... LARCH."

barb@oliven.UUCP (Barbara Jernigan) (03/07/86)

Ah, but it did once:  MUD'S WOMEN ---- I, MUDD