[net.startrek] "Revenge is a dish..."

tewok@umcp-cs.UUCP (Wayne Morrison) (03/04/86)

This talk of "Khan" blunders reminds me of one that I think I've caught.
It has been about a year since I've seen it, so the names, places, and
faces may be a little off.

The Scene:
		The desert planet, after Chekov is first captured by Khan.

The Blunder:
		After Khan takes off his robe, he has a the larger part of
		a belt buckle worn as a pendant around his neck.  This belt
		buckle is of the type that command personnel have begun
		wearing in the movies.

Since he was thrown down on that planet in the '60s, before those belt
buckles were used, how did he get his?  Maybe he didn't have it on the
planet (and/or it wasn't shown), but picked it up from Chekov or his captain.
I apologize if this has already been discussed, I have only within the
last two weeks been reading this newsgroup.

					Wayne Morrison
					tewok@brillig.ARPA
					seismo!umcp-cs!tewok.UUCP

jeanette@randvax.UUCP (Jeanette Haritan) (03/11/86)

In article <42@umcp-cs.UUCP> tewok@umcp-cs.UUCP (Wayne Morrison) writes:

>This talk of "Khan" blunders reminds me of one that I think I've caught.
>It has been about a year since I've seen it, so the names, places, and
>faces may be a little off.
>
>The Scene:
>               The desert planet, after Chekov is first captured by Khan.
>
>The Blunder:
>               After Khan takes off his robe, he has a the larger part of
>               a belt buckle worn as a pendant around his neck.  This belt
>               buckle is of the type that command personnel have begun
>               wearing in the movies.
>
>Since he was thrown down on that planet in the '60s, before those belt
>buckles were used, how did he get his?  Maybe he didn't have it on the
>planet (and/or it wasn't shown), but picked it up from Chekov or his captain.
>I apologize if this has already been discussed, I have only within the
>last two weeks been reading this newsgroup.
>
>                                       Wayne Morrison
>                                       tewok@brillig.ARPA
>                                       seismo!umcp-cs!tewok.UUCP

Since I'm not a "trekkie" this may sound dumb to most of you, but I left
"The Wrath of Kahn" while Kahn was placing nice little plump worms in
Chekov's ear.  Did Chekov die (or was he severely damaged, or anything?).

Also (sorry this has to go public, but I tried mail, and it didn't work),
is this THE Wayne Morrison of Cheverly, MD (brother-Doug?!).  Please
E-Mail a response!!
--
jeannette haritan

yeah sure