[net.startrek] British Sci-Fi

kwh@bentley.UUCP (KW Heuer) (03/14/86)

In article <326@hsi.UUCP> hsi!archer (Garry Archer) writes:
>Oh dear.  So "Blake's 7" made it over here after all....  Speaking of watching
>anything Sci-Fi on the telly, I even used to watch a "children's hour" show
>back home in England 10 (or even 15) years ago, called "The Tomorrow People".
>I believe that one has been shown over here as well.  Any Trekkies ever seen
>that one?

I caught a few episodes on cable a while back.  I was quite amused by how
low-budget it was.  Bad acting, bad plot, bad special-effects, bad science.
They also had some sort of teleportation ("jaunt"), but I don't remember
whether it was a natural ability or a gadget.  I didn't see enough episodes
to determine if/how they handled the "Star Trek transporter problem".

spock@hope.UUCP (Chris Ambler) (03/15/86)

> In article <326@hsi.UUCP> hsi!archer (Garry Archer) writes:
> >I even used to watch a "children's hour" show
> >back home in England 10 (or even 15) years ago, called "The Tomorrow People".
> >I believe that one has been shown over here as well.  Any Trekkies ever seen
> >that one?
>
> I caught a few episodes on cable a while back.  I was quite amused by how
> low-budget it was.  Bad acting, bad plot, bad special-effects, bad science.
> They also had some sort of teleportation ("jaunt"), but I don't remember
> whether it was a natural ability or a gadget.  I didn't see enough episodes
> to determine if/how they handled the "Star Trek transporter problem".

*** PHASE THIS LINE WITH YOUR DERQUIPSLVAXET ***

Ah, the Tomorrow People! Shown on Nickelodeon (sp?) cable up to about
last year. Now THERE was a show! Sure it's cheesey (Dr. Who?), but
c'mon! It's for Kids! I, personally, like my computers to have British
accents!

|-Spock!  (Christopher J. Ambler, University of California, Riverside)|
|               ...ucbvax!ucdavis!ucrmath!hope!spock                  |
|         -"Captain, I see no reason to bother Starfleet..."          |