[net.startrek] Did we like the first movie?

sam@bucsd.UUCP (Shelli Meyers) (03/18/86)

> (but then I'm one of the minority who
> think the first movie is great).

Well, I agree with whoever said that by the time the ST:TMP came out
we were starved for anything besides more reruns...but seriously,
after II and III, is there ANY comparison???
--
"Oh yeah, right, you expect me to AGREE with you?"
Shelli Meyers, aka Queen Susan of Narnia

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (03/22/86)

I rate the movies in the following descending order of
preference:

STAR TREK--THE MOTION PICTURE
STAR TREK II--THE WRATH OF KHAN
GODZILLA 1985  :-)
STAR TREK III--SPOCK'S BRAIN (re-make)

Robert J. Sawyer
in Toronto
c/o
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (03/26/86)

In article <2384@utcsri.UUCP> tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) writes:

>I rate the movies in the following descending order of
>preference:
>
>STAR TREK--THE MOTION PICTURE
>STAR TREK II--THE WRATH OF KHAN
>GODZILLA 1985  :-)
>STAR TREK III--SPOCK'S BRAIN (re-make)

But Godzilla 1985 isn't stereo!

Regards STTMP - which version?  The original version, or the "special
edition" which contained the good parts of the additional footage
shown on ABC?  It's a tough choice for me because I have LaserDiscs of
both versions.  The first version was one of the first LaserDiscs made
in Pioneer's Kofu Plant without benefit of CX or CAA.  The "special
edition" has some neat scenes added which greatly clarify the story line.
Unfortunately, some cretin at Paramount or Pioneer chopped off most of
the low bass and high treble, greatly diminishing enjoyment of the disc.

   Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX  ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
   Author of Professional-YAM communications Tools for PCDOS and Unix
 Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231
Voice: 503-621-3406 TeleGodzilla: 621-3746 300/1200 L.sys entry for omen:
omen Any ACU 1200 1-503-621-3746 se:--se: link ord: Giznoid in:--in: uucp
omen!/usr/spool/uucppublic/FILES lists all uucp-able files, updated hourly

MIQ@PSUVMA.BITNET (03/27/86)

In article <2384@utcsri.UUCP> tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) says:

>I rate the movies in the following descending order of
>preference:
>
>STAR TREK--THE MOTION PICTURE
>STAR TREK II--THE WRATH OF KHAN
>GODZILLA 1985  :-)
>STAR TREK III--SPOCK'S BRAIN (re-make)

     Okay, I'll put in my two credits.  Also in descending order of
preference:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Heaven's Gate
Star Trek: The Motionless Picture  (Where Nomad has gone before)

     I haven't seen the Special Edition of ST:TMP.  From what I've heard about
the restored scenes though, it'd be rated a very close third behind ST III.
(Or maybe second.  It's tough to say when you've only read about it.)
-------
James D. Maloy                                 |   THIS SPACE   |
The Pennsylvania State University              |    FOR RENT    |
UUCP Path: ihnp4!psuvax1!psuvma.bitnet!miq     |  Call 555-1723 |
     "I am pleased to see we have differences.  May we together become
 greater than the sum of both of us."
                                           -- Surak of Vulcan