[net.rec.scuba] Dive Mag Question

cushner@ttidcb.UUCP (Jeffrey Cushner) (11/05/84)

Subject: Re: Dive Mag Question
Newsgroups: net.scuba

A dive magazine I subscribe to, besides Skin Diver, is named Undercurrent.

It uses the same philosophy as Consumers Reports, in that it has no
advertising and can be counted on for giving unbiased views of the
items that are reported.

It features articles on various diving vacation areas discussing
dive sites, lodging, dive shop trips, etc..   It also tells you
where NOT to go, gives ratings for beginners up to advanced divers
for the conditions likely to be encountered and other misc. information.

The best feature of the magazine, as far as I'm concerned, is the
tests of new and current diving equipment.

An important feature of the magazine are the articles concerning
diver safety, something we can't get too much of!

Subscription rates are $23.00/year and each issue consists of about
12 or 14 pages with loose-leaf holes punched for easy storage.
Believe me, you'll want to keep these issues!

The address is:

Undercurrent
Atcom Building
2315 Broadway
New York, NY 10024-4397

There's a blurb that also states that you'll get a "valuable free gift"
if you subscribe.  If you do, tell me what it is.

Jeff Cushner
TTI
3100 Ocean Pk. Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
213-450-9111 x2273

!{randvax|trwb|philabs|vortex} !ttidca!ttidcb!cushner

Newsgroups: net.rec.scuba