[net.micro.68k] Pacific MMU Problem?

pm@sdcsvax.UUCP (Pacific Micro) (10/12/84)

Subject: Pacific MMU problem?

>These PM68D boards are functioning well, except for a small but irritating
>hardware error which takes place, when the memory management registers are
>manipulated. The firts byte of a segment is sometimes changed in a random
>value.  [----]
>Please respond by electronic mail. I'll keep the net informed about the
>results.  Leo van Moergestel ...!{decvax|philabs}!mcvax!vu44!leovm

     As both user and designer of the Pacific PM68D boards I responded
by electronic mail immediately.  But I have yet to get a reply.
If someone knows Leo van Moergestel please forward this message
to him.
     We use the PM68D boards both in UNIX and in FORTH systems.  We have
not experienced the symptoms you report.  I believe there are several
hundred PM68Ds in the field and I know of no other user reporting
this symptom.  Nevertheless, if you can send me a more detailed description
of the symptom and the circumstances that evoke it I will be glad
to track it down.
                           Stan Skowronski
path: [decvax,ucbvax]!sdcsvax!pacific!stan