[net.micro.68k] UNIX System V on CompuPro 68000 system

mts@utai.UUCP (Martin Stanley) (10/13/84)

Subject: UNIX System V on CompuPro 68000 system
Newsgroups: net.micro,net.micro.68k,net.unix

	It has come to my attention that a Unisoft Uniplus+ version
of Unix System V will be available "imminently" for the CompuPro
816/E-HD system. This is the 68000 cpu, 40MB hard disk-based system.
As far as I know the cpu will require the MMU chip - available with
the system upon special order, I think.

	What this means presumably, is that anyone with Compupro equipment
consisting of at least a hard disk (CompuPro-supplied, ie. Quantum) and
enough memory as well as the standard IO boards, etc., will be able to run
UNIX if they add the CPU68K with MMU. It's about time!!

	If you want more information send me a note via E-mail.

--

 Martin Stanley
 Department of Computer Science

 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,linus,utzoo,uw-beaver}!utcsrgv!utai!mts