[net.micro.68k] For the record

srm@nsc.UUCP (Richard Mateosian) (02/15/85)

In article <338@oakhill.UUCP> davet@oakhill.UUCP (Dave Trissel) writes:
>I just can't see letting someone badmouth the excellent work
>the '020 team has been doing here at Motorola.

I've taken a couple good-natured jabs at Motorola from time to time in
this space, but since you can't always see the smile on my face or hear the
tone of my voice, let me say someting just for the record. (Watch closely,
Dave.  I'm only going to do this once.)

Motorola has a fine company with many fine products, including the 68000
family.  They have a right to be proud of their products and the fine
engineering work behind them.  At National, we have fine products, excellent
engineering, and a great deal of pride as well.

I know a lot of people at Motorola.  We've been on many technical panels and
in standardization efforts together.  We visit each other's booths at shows.
I've always enjoyed working with them.

In all of these situations, there has always been a little friendly sparring,
and it will probably continue to be that way.  There seems to be something
about the net, however, that exaggerates negative communication, so I for
one have decided to refrain from taking any more jabs, however good-natured,
at anyone in this medium.

--
Richard Mateosian
{allegra,cbosgd,decwrl,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!nsc!srm    nsc!srm@decwrl.ARPA