[net.micro.68k] Socketed Components

rar@bridge2.UUCP (03/20/85)

I am searching for an answer to a problem that deals with socketed
components. During shipment socketed components will vibrate loose.
Has anyone found a reasonable answer to this problem? Is there a
bar or retaining piece that hooks a part to the socket avalable?
How are other companies handling socketed parts?

I would appreciate any information on this subject. Please send it
by mail.

Thanks.
--
Robert Rogers
Bridge Communications, Inc.

jones@fortune.UUCP (Dan Jones) (03/22/85)

In article <109@bridge2.UUCP> rar@bridge2.UUCP writes:
>I am searching for an answer to a problem that deals with socketed
>components. During shipment socketed components will vibrate loose.

Unless this is a particularly severe application, you should get
enough retention force from machine-screw sockets of the Augat type.
Anything less is just taking a chance both electrically and mechanically.

--
Dan Jones	UUCP: {ihnp4,ucbvax!amd70,hpda,sri-unix,harpo}!fortune!jones