[net.micro.68k] AT&T PC7300 UNIX PC

steve@wlbr.UUCP (Childress) (05/02/85)

In article <3311@utah-cs.UUCP> brownc@utah-cs.UUCP (Eric C. Brown) writes:
>In article <311@wlbr.UUCP> steve@wlbr.UUCP (Childress) writes:
>>Many of the more popular (ie., useful) MS-DOS programs available now
>>and more coming RSN...
>
>What I want to know is how AT&T is planning to make MS-DOS (808X) programs
>work on a machine with a completely different CPU.  Is there an 8086 hiding
>in the bus somewhere, or are they planning to (Yecch) simulate an 8086 with
>the 68010????
>
>I bet they looked for MSDOS programs written in C.

In th original posting, that is what I meant. The PC7300 literature speaks of
DBASE III, Microsoft BASIC, Microsoft WORD, MULTIPLAN, etc. I suppose that
these programs were developed in Unix environments and ported or targeted
to MS-DOS. So I did not mean to imply that there was to be an 808x/MS-DOS
environment (proper) on the PC7300.

		Regards,
			Steve Childress
			Eaton IMS    R&D Group MS 43
			31717 La Tienda Drive
			Westlake Village,  CA    91360
			(818) 889-2211 X2148
			{trwrb, scgvaxd, ihnp4, voder, vortex} !wlbr!steve
		        or	 		        ...wlbr!wlbreng1!steve

dwight@timeinc.UUCP (Dwight Ernest) (05/11/85)

Let's move this to net.micro.att.
		--Dwight Ernest	KA2CNN	\ Usenet:...vax135!timeinc!dwight
		  Time Inc. Edit./Prod. Tech. Grp., New York City
		  Voice: (212) 554-5061 \ Compuserve: 70210,523
		  Telemail: DERNEST/TIMECOMDIV/TIMEINC \ MCI: DERNEST
"The opinions expressed above are those of the writer and do not necessarily
 reflect the opinions of Time Incorporated."