[net.music] Red Rocks shows

showard@udenva.UUCP (showard) (05/11/85)

Dick Dunn writes about Red Rocks amphitheater just outside Denver:

> The place is wonderful for concerts--incredible scenery (it's formed by
> several LARGE hunks of rock, part of the same formation as makes the Garden
> of the Gods further south), great acoustics, nice view of city lights a
> decent distance off, and frequently some spectacular light shows from
> thunderstorms on the plains to the east.  Worth a little travel.  I don't
> have anything like a complete list
Well, I do (sort of)

May 17  Joan Armatrading and Andreas Vollenweider (sold out)
June 10 Frankie Goes to Hollywood (tickets on sale now)
June 12 Howard Jones (on sale now)
June 14 Hank Williams, Jr., Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Lacy J. Dalton
        (on sale now)
June 19 Blues Festival featuring: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble,
        B.B. King, Albert King, and the Bobby Blue Band (on sale now)
June 28 Spyro Gyra, Shadowfax, Dave Mason and Jim Kreuger (on sale now)
June 29 Iron Maiden (on sale now)
July 1  Amy Grant and Philip Bailey (on sale now)
July 5  John Denver (a benefit for the Windstar Foundation)
July 7  John McEuen's 5th Annual Rocky Mountain Opry featuring Ricky Skaggs,
        Bonnie Raitt, Arlo Guthrie and David Bromberg
July 10 Crosby, Stills and Nash
July 11 Eric Clapton
July 19 & 20  Baryshnikov & Co. (on sale now)
July 21 Pat Metheny Group and John Prine
July 22 To be announced
July 27 Don Henley
July 30 Grover Washington, Jr. and Pieces of a Dream
Aug. 2  Bryan Adams
Aug. 4 & 5 To be announced
Aug. 7  Santana
Aug. 8  Al Jarreau and David Sanborn
Aug. 9 & 10  Huey Lewis and the News
Aug. 16 George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers
Aug. 21 Petra and Michael W. Smith
Aug. 26 Willie Nelson
Aug. 27 To be announced
Aug. 28 Sting