[net.micro.68k] 68020 benchmarks?

phil@amdcad.UUCP (Phil Ngai) (06/08/85)

In article <446@oakhill.UUCP> davet@oakhill.UUCP (Dave Trissel) writes:
>In article <594@intelca.UUCP> clif@intelca.UUCP (Clif Purkiser) writes:
>> <clif left out a attribution line here>
>>>     Ummm ... what are you talking about?  There is *no such part* as
>>>     a 12 MHz 68010.  Let's not spread any misinformation here ...
>>>     you are drawing some flakey conclusions from those numbers I put
>>>     out.
>>If there is no 12 MHZ 68010, why does Mot claim that a 16.6MHz 68020 is
>>2.5x performance of a 12 Mhz 68010?
>
>My my, Phil.  Where did you come up with your information?

Just a minute. I did not say "there is no such part as a 12 MHz 68010".
I said "how could a 6 MHz 80286 do as good as a 12 MHz 68010". Someone
else (I forget who) said there are no 12 MHz 68010s. Some people on the
net, such as Clif Purkiser at intelca, are running down rev news
software that doesn't do the "In xxx yyy writes" correctly.

If you sense that I'm annoyed at Clif for misquoting me, you're right.

--
 People do what management inspects, not what management expects.

 Phil Ngai (408) 749-5720
 ARPA: amdcad!phil@decwrl.ARPA