[net.micro.68k] MC68020 C compilers?

paulg@hammer.UUCP (Paul Gilliam) (10/28/85)

What has been your experiences with 68020 C compilers?  I am interested in
both code speed and size, not to mention correctness.

Please reply via Mail and I will summerize to the net.

mdm@ecn-pc.UUCP (Mike D McEvoy) (11/01/85)

In article <1591@hammer.UUCP> paulg@hammer.UUCP (Paul Gilliam) writes:
>What has been your experiences with 68020 C compilers?  I am interested in
>both code speed and size, not to mention correctness.

Check out C/Pascal/Fortran 77 (ARG!!!) from Green Hills Software, Pasadena,
California.   They are just now releasing their 68020/68881 complilers, and
if the are as good as their 68000 products, you should see about 30 % better
speed and reduced code size.   Most of the boys who write real time os's are
using Greenhill C for just that reason.   It will never replace girls, but

			Big Mac