[net.micro.68k] Want info on OS-9

waddingt@umn-cs.UUCP (10/30/85)

:
 Sorry to bother all you well informed users but can some one point me
to where I can learn more about OS-9 ? It sounds interesting and might
be usefull for a home brewed system ?
                          THANK_YOU
                                                 Paul Fink
                                                inhp4!unm-cs!wadingt

jimomura@lsuc.UUCP (Jim Omura) (11/12/85)

In article <5100002@umn-cs.UUCP> waddingt@umn-cs.UUCP writes:

>:
> Sorry to bother all you well informed users but can some one point me
>to where I can learn more about OS-9 ? It sounds interesting and might
>be usefull for a home brewed system ?
>                          THANK_YOU
>                                                 Paul Fink
>                                                inhp4!unm-cs!wadingt

     The best sources right at this moment are:

1.  68 Micro Journal Magazine
2.  Dale Puckett and Peter Dibble's Rainbow Guide to OS-9
    which focuses on 6809 OS-9, but will tell you about all the
    utilities and concepts you'll run into with OS-9.
3.  Microware (you can buy the manuals for something like $40.00, I
    think)
4.  Compuserve os9 sig.
5.  Byte Information Exchange, wherein I've posted a *lot* of introductory
    material already.

                                             Cheers! -- Jim O.

--
James Omura, Barrister & Solicitor, Toronto
ihnp4!utzoo!lsuc!jimomura