[net.micro.68k] any lisp for the apple II or IIe

atsh@ur-tut.UUCP (Mr Gooter) (03/18/86)

-
-
is there any working lisp or lisp like interpreter for the apple II or IIe.
I am teaching a class on basic lisp and the apple is the most accessable
computer. Anything will do!

                                           Mr. gooter.

kludge@gitpyr.UUCP (Scott Dorsey) (03/21/86)

In article <69@ur-tut.UUCP> atsh@ur-tut.UUCP (Mr Gooter) writes:
>-
>-
>is there any working lisp or lisp like interpreter for the apple II or IIe.
>I am teaching a class on basic lisp and the apple is the most accessable
>computer. Anything will do!

   When the Apple II first came out, it had a lisp interpreter that was
written in Intbasic called MicroLisp.  It was slow.  It was sheer torture.
It was what got me interested in computer science.  This was once a product
of Apple, and if they still own up to having coded it, it may be available.
I have an old copy here, but I am not sure about legality considerations.

--
-------
Disclaimer: Everything I say is probably a trademark of someone.  But

Scott Dorsey       " If value corrupts
kaptain_kludge         then absolute value corrupts absolutely"

ICS Programming Lab (Where old terminals go to die), Rich 110,
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 36681, Atlanta, Georgia 30332
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!kludge