[net.micro.68k] XLISP

djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Daniel Zigmond) (03/17/86)

I am planning to start an INFO-XLISP mailing list.  The reasons for this are:

	* To exchange XLISP code and ideas
	* To provide an easy method of reporting bugs
	* To facilitate the distribution of XLISP revisions (few people
	  are aware that there is an XLISP 1.6 already and 1.7 is near
	  completion)
	* To collect enhancements to XLISP and collect the changes
	  necessary to port XLISP to new machines

If you are interested in joining the list, please send mail to me at
one of the addresses below.  I will need your name and net address.  I would
also appreciate knowing what machine you use to run XLISP.  I will then keep
you informed about the INFO-XLISP details (such as the address) as they become
final.

	Dan

djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu
{harvard, ucbvax}!spice.cs.cmu.edu!djz

jnk@ulysses.UUCP (Joseph N. Klepach[F.T. Dao]) (03/20/86)

> I am planning to start an INFO-XLISP mailing list.  The reasons for this are:
>
> 	* To exchange XLISP code and ideas
> 	* To provide an easy method of reporting bugs
> 	* To facilitate the distribution of XLISP revisions (few people
> 	  are aware that there is an XLISP 1.6 already and 1.7 is near
> 	  completion)
> 	* To collect enhancements to XLISP and collect the changes
> 	  necessary to port XLISP to new machines
>
> If you are interested in joining the list, please send mail to me at
> one of the addresses below.  I will need your name and net address.  I would
> also appreciate knowing what machine you use to run XLISP.  I will then keep
> you informed about the INFO-XLISP details (such as the address) as they become
> final.
>
> 	Dan
>

> djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu
> {harvard, ucbvax}!spice.cs.cmu.edu!djz

Daniel
It is a great thing you do.  I've had nothing but disappointment trying
to reach other net XLISP users:  you're info-xlisp mailing list is
greatly appreciated and long overdue.

		Joe Klepach
		Machines:  Vax785, 3b20, Unix pc, ibm at
		ulysses!jnk

PS:  Can you mail me XLISP 1.6

		Thanks

ron@eed092.UUCP (prototype account) (03/21/86)

> > I am planning to start an INFO-XLISP mailing list.  The reasons for this are:
> Daniel
> It is a great thing you do.  I've had nothing but disappointment trying
> to reach other net XLISP users:  you're info-xlisp mailing list is
> greatly appreciated and long overdue.

> PS:  Can you mail me XLISP 1.6
>
> 		Thanks

 I too have had a hard time finding XLISP users  and would
 like to see this grow.

 ron tribble
 ihnp4!mb2c!eed092!ron

 PS: same for me on 1.5 AND 1.6  Thanks!

a3572@ccut.UUCP (E. Wada) (03/22/86)

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (x0705) (03/22/86)

>> > I am planning to start an INFO-XLISP mailing list.  The reasons for this are:
Why not use net.lang.lisp?  Traffic is fairly low, and the topis seems
appropriate.
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (x0705) (03/22/86)

Why not use net.lang.lisp?  Traffic is fairly low, and the topic seems
appropriate.
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs

lynx@qantel.UUCP (D.N. Lynx Crowe@ex2207) (03/24/86)

Hi,
Tried to mail a request to pt.cs.cmu.edu!spice.cs.cmu.edu!djz to be put on

Please add me to the list.  I'm interested in getting XLISP 1.6 (have 1.4),
and run on a Morrow Pivot 1  (MSDOS environment).

Net address:   {dual, hplabs, lll-crg, ptsfa}!qantel!lynx

Thanks much,
D.N. Lynx Crowe

"It's not what you know,
 It's what you don't overlook."
	-Baden's Law

tet@uvaee.UUCP (Thomas E. Tkacik) (03/25/86)

In article <123@eed092.UUCP> ron@eed092.UUCP (prototype account) writes:
>>I am planning to start an INFO-XLISP mailing list.  The reasons for this are:
> Daniel
> It is a great thing you do.

> PS:  Can you mail me XLISP 1.6
>
> 		Thanks

Daniel (where ever you are)
Please include me also.
		Tom Tkacik
	...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!uvacs!uvaee!tet

PS: XLISP 1.6 exists! Please send me a copy

ron@eed092.UUCP (prototype account) (03/25/86)

> Hi,
> Tried to mail a request to pt.cs.cmu.edu!spice.cs.cmu.edu!djz to be put on
> the XLISP mailing list and got a "user unknown" response from the mail daemon.
>
> Please add me to the list.  I'm interested in getting XLISP 1.6 (have 1.4),
> and run on a Morrow Pivot 1  (MSDOS environment).

Me too!  I am using an IBM PC (XT,AT) and several Unix systems.

ron tribble
ihnp4!mb2c!eed092!ron

tedc@dartvax.UUCP (Ted Cooley) (03/26/86)

> > Hi,
> > Tried to mail a request to pt.cs.cmu.edu!spice.cs.cmu.edu!djz to be put on
> > the XLISP mailing list and got a "user unknown" response from the mail daemon.
> >
> > Please add me to the list.  I'm interested in getting XLISP 1.6 (have 1.4),
> > and run on a Morrow Pivot 1  (MSDOS environment).
>
> Me too!  I am using an IBM PC (XT,AT) and several Unix systems.
>
> ron tribble
> ihnp4!mb2c!eed092!ron

     I too have been unable to respond via e-mail.  A couple of us at
Dartmouth would also like to use X-Lisp and be on the mailing list.
Mail address would be:
csnet:   tedc@dartmouth
uucp:    ...seismo!decvax!dartvax!tedc
         or any other path to decvax...

Thanks!
   Ted Cooley
   Thayer School of Engineering
   Dartmouth College
   Hanover, NH 03755

djz@spice.cs.cmu.edu (Daniel Zigmond) (03/26/86)

I've gotten a tremendous response from my posting about INFO-XLISP that I
think a net.lang.xlisp is in oredr too.  This would simply be a USENET
version of my INFO-XLISP list with a two-way gateway (postings to INFO-XLISP
show up on net.lang.xlisp and postings to net.lang.xlisp get sent to those on
INFO-XLISP).  Please send a note to me if you are interested in this so I can
try to have it established.

	Dan

roger@rtech.UUCP (Roger Rohrbach) (03/27/86)

	I too could not get mail through, so am following the pack by
posting a followup.  We run Xlisp on a CCI Power 6.

						Roger Rohrbach
						Relational Technology
						{ucb,dec}vax!mtxinu!rtech!roger

atsh@ur-tut.UUCP (03/28/86)

>	I too could not get mail through, so am following the pack by
>posting a followup.

ibid
            rochester!ur-tut!atsh           Mr Gooter

6243tes@whuts.UUCP (STERKEL) (03/29/86)

> >	I too could not get mail through, so am following the pack by
> >posting a followup.
>
> ibid
[opinions are obviously only my own;     Terry
 not necessarily those of my asso-       ihnp4!whuts!6243tes
 ciates or those of my employer.]        (201) 386-2899
--

blm@chinet.UUCP (Brad L. McKinley) (03/29/86)

>> PS:  Can you mail me XLISP 1.6
>>
>> 		Thanks
>
>Daniel (where ever you are)
>Please include me also.
>		Tom Tkacik
>	...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!uvacs!uvaee!tet
>
>PS: XLISP 1.6 exists! Please send me a copy

If someone on the net actually has XLISP 1.6 then why don't they post it
to mod.sources, or, at the very least, net.sources?  It seems that there
is a great deal of interest.

Is there some reason why XLISP 1.6 hasn't made it to the USENET yet?
-----
Brad L. McKinley -- ihnp4!chinet!blm OR ihnp4!chinet!mdr!blm -- (503) 889-4321
USMail: M D R Professional Software, Inc., 915 SW 3rd Avenue, Ontario, OR 97914
"First you say it, then you do it" -- Bill Cosby

jnp@daimi.UUCP (J|rgen N|rgaard) (04/03/86)

Hello out there. I'm sorry to bother you with this but I'm not able
to mail Dan directly.
I'm in for newsgroup on XLISP.
Is the source for XLISP 1.6 available ??

				Thanks in advance
				J|rgen N|rgaard
                                e-mail: ....{seismo!}mcvax!diku!daimi!jnp

kludge@gitpyr.UUCP (Scott Dorsey) (04/04/86)

In article <428@chinet.UUCP> blm@chinet.UUCP (Brad L. McKinley) writes:
>If someone on the net actually has XLISP 1.6 then why don't they post it
>to mod.sources, or, at the very least, net.sources?  It seems that there
>is a great deal of interest.
>
>Is there some reason why XLISP 1.6 hasn't made it to the USENET yet?

    I have a copy of 1.6, except that one of the files seems to be missing
and it will not compile for that reason (well, not link anyway).  If anyone
at all has any pointers, I would appreciate help.
--
-------
Disclaimer: Everything I say is probably a trademark of someone.  But

Scott Dorsey       " If value corrupts
kaptain_kludge         then absolute value corrupts absolutely"

ICS Programming Lab (Where old terminals go to die), Rich 110,
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 36681, Atlanta, Georgia 30332
...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!kludge

nebezene@ndsuvax.UUCP (nebezene) (04/08/86)

I have just requested a copy of XLISP from the author, David Betz.

   When I spoke with him, he stated that XLISP had grown too large to
post conveniently.

   If someone feels that this is not true, I would be glad to post
the version that I will receive from him.

-Todd M. Bezenek

1225 11 1/2 St N.		..!ndsuvax!nebezene
Fargo, ND  58102
Ph. (701) 235-1440		NU040889 at NDSUVM1   (Bitnet)

wcs@ho95e.UUCP (#Bill_Stewart) (04/18/86)

In article <215@ndsuvax.UUCP> nebezene@ndsuvax.UUCP (Todd M. Bezenek) writes:
>I have just requested a copy of XLISP from the author, David Betz.
>     When I spoke with him, he stated that XLISP had grown too large to
> post conveniently.  If someone feels that this is not true, I would
> be glad to post the version that I will receive from him.

I'd enjoy seeing an up-to-date XLISP, but it's way too big for net.sources.
It would be much better to post it via mod.sources, where the moderator
makes sure it gets out successfully, in pieces that won't be trashed by
various mailers.  A lot of previous postings (tvx, microemacs, etc.)
get into the syndrome of "We got pieces 1,3,5,7; please repost 2,4,6,99",
and XLISP (even the 1.4 version) is large enough to get hit with the
same thing.  I haven't used it yet, but the volume of requests for it
seem to be about the size of the package, so it's probably time to post.
John Nelson has provided a good service to the net; let's use it.

Here's an excerpt from a recent posting about mod.sources:

--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G-202, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs