[net.micro.68k] Obvious patents

dennisg@fritz.UUCP (Dennis Griesser) (09/23/86)

In article <3202@watmath.UUCP> csc@watmath.UUCP (Jan Gray) writes:
>Excuse me while I patent the interleaved video and processor access
>technique that the Macintosh, ST, and Amiga (among others) use...I'll
>let you know when the licencing agreements are ready.

Too late.  Apple already got that one.  Back in the Apple ][ days.

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (09/25/86)

In article <1871@fritz.UUCP> dennisg@fritz.UUCP (Dennis Griesser) writes:
>In article <3202@watmath.UUCP> csc@watmath.UUCP (Jan Gray) writes:
>>Excuse me while I patent the interleaved video and processor access
>>technique that the Macintosh, ST, and Amiga (among others) use...I'll
>>let you know when the licencing agreements are ready.
>
>Too late.  Apple already got that one.  Back in the Apple ][ days.

Interesting.  I wonder how they explained the app notes for the 6545
CRTC explaining how it was intended for interleaved access.

-dave
--
David Hsu  (301) 454-1433 || -8798 || -8715	"I know no-thing!" -eneevax
Communications & Signal Processing Laboratory	/ EE Systems Staff

"...because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother..."