[fa.tcp-ip] TCP/IP for Sys V

tcp-ip@ucbvax.ARPA (06/19/85)

From: Tom Perrine <tom@LOGICON.ARPA>

Since my first posting of responses concerning TCP/IP for System V, I have
received the following additional information:

<<<<11111111111111111111111111>>>>
Date: 17 Jun 1985 17:43:56 PDT
From: POSTEL@USC-ISIF.ARPA
Subject: re: TCP and System V Unix
To:   tom@LOGICON.ARPA
cc:   postel@USC-ISIF.ARPA

Tom:

Try calling Bob Epley at ATT Info Systems 312-979-7587.

--jon.
<<<<2222222222222222222222222>>>>
Date: 18 Jun 1985 0921-EDT (Tuesday)
From: jas@proteon.arpa
Subject: Sys V TCP/IP
To: tom@logicon.ARPA

Network research has several TCP/IP's, sold under the
Fusion product name. One of them is for System V,
including release 2. They have a VAX UNIX version on their price list
at $3000. They support several flavors of Ethernet boards, and would
probably support proNET (10 & 80) if you prodded them hard enough.
They use the 4.2bsd programming interface, but NO 4.2 code. They
appear to be proud of their TCP. The primary user utilities are
FTP and TELNET. They are missing all the little goodies like
ping, tftp, finger, nicname, etc., but you could always pirate
the 4.2 code in the interim.

They also have XNS versions, for those of you with independent tastes.
Their phone number is 805-885-2700.

I have no hands-on experience with this code yet.
John Shriver, @proteon
<<<<<333333333333333333333333>>>>>
I also received the following info from Marian Jacob at ATT&T (by phone):
There is a TCP/IP available from the Woolongong Group (or however you spell
it) for System V. AT&T is planning to provide this{ (or maybe some other
vendor's system) for System V "Real Soon Now". AT&T has this code running
somewhere at the "Labs". It will be available for the 3B series.

Thanks to all respondents. I now know more  about TCP/IP for System V
than I ever wanted to know :-).

Thanks again,
Tom Perrine
Logicon - OSD