To: dca-pgs @ DDN1
From: dca-pgs @ DDN1
Subject: Gateway Query
Date: 27 Aug 85 16:45 EDT
cc:
Text:  My question is this:
I manage the Integrated AUTODIN System (IAS) RDT&E Project.
A task under this project is the Multinet Gateway which the
AF is building for us out of RADC. It is an IP gateway which
can accommodate a number of different kinds of network
interfaces, both LAN and long-haul. It will also be certified
as a multi-level secure system to the A-1 level.
Ford Aerospace is the prime contractor for this.

The purpose of this note is to sound out any government
net managers who might conceivably have a requirement for this
gateway. The Air Force folks are trying to gather requirements
to defend their POM submission, which includes Full Scale
Development and a limited production run in FY88.

The Gateway would appear to have considerable utility as a
trusted local "permissive separator", especially in a heavily
LAN'd/WAN'd facility with different networks. Once the funding
battles are mastered, people who want to actually buy and field
the Multinet Gateway acn talk about contractual vehicles to
achieve that.

All info & assistance appreciated.

Thank you,
-Pat Sullivan
 IAS RDT&E Project Mgr
 Defense Communications Engineering Center
 Reston, VA.
 VON 364-2165
 Com 703-437-x.

-------------END OF FORWARDED MESSAGE(S)-------------