[net.wobegon] Are we few or just shy?

gst@rochester.UUCP (Gary Trujillo) (11/24/83)

Well, I think part of the problem could be that PHC is a hard thing
to talk about.  What we have here is more of a fan club than a bona
fide discussion.  I have long felt that Garrison Keillor's monologues
provide some very fertile ground for discussion, but I have my doubts
as to whether other people who listen to the program are really all
that interested in analysing what goes on, but rather, just being
entertained.  As an attempt to prove/disprove my point, I would be
willing to make an attempt to start things off. . .

In discussing PHC with other shy persons, I have found us all able to
relate (all too well) to the general theme of just what it means to
be a "shy person".  G.K. himself (if we can take him seriously, which
is always open to some doubt) claims to have made the transition from
being a shy person to one with the capacity to "get up and do what needs
to be done", by means of the mythical "Powder Milk Biscuits".  Whatever
the status of the product, the personality metamorphosis he describes
is real enough.

Would any of my fellow shy persons out there be willing to munch a
few Biscuits, take terminal in hand, and offer a personal testimonial
on whatever transformation he or she feels has come about in his or
her life, and how it is possible to cope, now that Powder Milk Biscuits
have been discovered?   Alternatively, is there any interest in attempting
to decipher or just discuss particular homilies Garrison has offered?

If you're too shy to reply to the net, I would also welcome personal
correspondence:  "{seismo,allegra}!rochester!gst".

	Gary S. Trujillo, University of Rochester Medical Center

gst@rochester.UUCP (11/24/83)

Date:Wed, 23-Nov-83 16:44:22 EST
Organization:U. of Rochester, CS Dept.

[...]

mcgrath@uiucdcs.UUCP (mcgrath ) (11/25/83)

#R:fortune:-182900:uiucdcs:31500001:000:28
uiucdcs!mcgrath    Nov 25 01:36:00 1983

ah, um, err, hmm.
I forgot.