[net.wobegon] Garrison Keillor's new book

dtuttle@uw-june (David C. Tuttle) (08/01/85)

I just received a flyer from Minnesota Public Radio about something
great!!!  "Lake Wobegon Days," a new book by _the_ Garrison Keillor,
is to be available very soon.  The book "takes us to the little town
that time forgot and the decades cannot improve."
The flyer is an offer to buy the book from M.P.R. directly and be one
of the first to get one, in early August.
Now, I can't say whether or not you have to be on their mailing list
to take advantage of this offer, but you can find out yourself about
its availability.  The number to call is (during business hours)
		TOLL FREE  1-800-328-5252.
The cost quoted in the flyer is $17.95 plus $1.50 postage&handling.
A gift package is also available, so you can surprise a friend!
Call today (I would give an address, but I've mailed the envelope)!!!
David C. Tuttle
Computer Science Dept.
University of Washington
{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!uw-beaver!uw-june!dtuttle

bnapl@burdvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) (08/19/85)

In article <uw-june.123> dtuttle@uw-june (David C. Tuttle) writes:
>I just received a flyer from Minnesota Public Radio about something
>great!!!  "Lake Wobegon Days," a new book by _the_ Garrison Keillor,
>is to be available very soon.  The book "takes us to the little town
>that time forgot and the decades cannot improve."
>David C. Tuttle
>Computer Science Dept.
>University of Washington
>{ihnp4,decvax,ucbvax}!uw-beaver!uw-june!dtuttle

Just in case you can't wait for the book to come out, Atlantic magazine has
an excerpt of "Lake Wobegon Days" in the August issue.

--
Tom Albrecht 		Burroughs Corp.
			...{presby|psuvax1|sdcrdcf}!burdvax!bnapl

Communism is to government what astrology is to science.