[net.wobegon] Garrison Keilor's engagement at the Opera House boradcast live

blair@yogi.DEC (A note from the bear cave...) (09/19/85)

Garrison Keilor will be appearing Saturday 21-Sept-85 @ 8:00 pm EDT
at the Opera House in Boston. Among other things he will be
reading from the book.

It's no surprise that the event is sold out. There's been such
a huge response that WGBH radio decided to broadcast the event
live on Saturday.

WGBH is in Boston at 89.9 and can be received through out most of
New England and in some of eastern New York state with a good antenna
(GBH is a clear channel with 100KW. All other east coast stations
(radio) are limited to 50KW due to crowding).

My question is "How fast does Mr. Keilor drive?" If he's doing PHC
in St. Paul at 6:00 pm EDT and the show in Boston at 8:00
he obviously must be a fast driver!

Did anyone read the interview with him in The Wittenberg Door?

	-Wayne Blair

(uucp)  decvax!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-yogi!blair
(E-net)	Yogi::Blair

wmartin@brl-tgr.ARPA (Will Martin ) (09/24/85)

In article <499@decwrl.UUCP> blair@yogi.DEC writes:

>My question is "How fast does Mr. Keilor drive?" If he's doing PHC
>in St. Paul at 6:00 pm EDT and the show in Boston at 8:00
>he obviously must be a fast driver!

The show this last Saturday (21 Sept) was a taped rerun of one
from last December. This was a disappointment, since we were
expecting a live show from the finally-remodeled home theatre.