[net.wobegon] Garrison Keilor's engagement at the

cindy@ada-uts.UUCP (09/23/85)

    I knew that Garrison was to be in Boston Saturday night, and also
wondered about PHC at 6:00 PM.  It must have been a tape as I distinctly
remember the monologue about Gypie the mummy.  I believe it was the first
(or very early) monologue I ever listened to. (My husband intorduced me
to PHC last winter).

NET: {harpo, allegro, bellcore, ihnp4}!inmet!ada-uts!cindy

----------

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (09/26/85)

In article <20700001@ada-uts.UUCP> cindy@ada-uts.UUCP writes:
>    I knew that Garrison was to be in Boston Saturday night, and also
>wondered about PHC at 6:00 PM.  It must have been a tape as I distinctly
>remember the monologue about Gypie the mummy.  I believe it was the first
>(or very early) monologue I ever listened to.

PHC always plays old tapes when GK is on tour.  This particular one dates
back to around December of January; I listened to it on the way to the
Opera House and recognized whoever-it-was and his collection of unusual
turn-of-the-century instruments.

The Opera House show sold out earlier than had been expected, prompting
WGBH-FM to broadcast it live.  Has anyone taped it?  I'd like a souvenir.

>(My husband introduced me to PHC last winter).

If you're the same inmet!cindy I knew when I worked there, then I told you
about PHC over two years ago - back when I used to play "Whip It" on your
dulcimer!  Hi!

Andrew W. Rogers