[net.wobegon] Still another GK article!

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (10/29/85)

The current ("Preparing For Geneva") issue of _US News & World Report_ also
contains an interview with GK.

Maybe I should post a list of magazines that don't have articles about him!
Let's see... there's _Car Craft_, _Ebony_, _Adhesives Age_...  :-)

AWR

In article <693@grkermi.UUCP> andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) writes:
>Maybe I should post a list of magazines that don't have articles about him!
>Let's see... there's _Car Craft_, _Ebony_, _Adhesives Age_...  :-)

I'm sure that by now everyone has seen the Time cover story on
Garrison Keilor.  I certainly hope this is not the "kiss of death"
that rumour has it!	(;-) ... Folks at timeinc, please ignore;
i think it neat that you're noticing this great show, even though
i don't understand your putting it on the cover.)
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

andrew@grkermi.UUCP (Andrew W. Rogers) (11/04/85)

In article <51@hadron.UUCP> jsdy@hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao) writes:
>>Maybe I should post a list of magazines that don't have articles about him!
>>Let's see... there's _Car Craft_, _Ebony_, _Adhesives Age_...  :-)
>
>I'm sure that by now everyone has seen the Time cover story on
>Garrison Keillor.  I certainly hope this is not the "kiss of death"
>that rumour has it! ...

Check out this excerpt from the November _Consumer Reports_:

"Winters in places like Lake Wobegon, Minn., where a 10-inch snowfall may be
described as a 'dusting,' call for bigger, more-powerful snow throwers than
those rated in the accompanying report..."

AWR

valerie@sdcc13.UUCP (Valerie Polichar) (11/06/85)

In article <51@hadron.UUCP> jsdy@hadron.UUCP (Joseph S. D. Yao) writes:
>I'm sure that by now everyone has seen the Time cover story on
>Garrison Keilor.  I certainly hope this is not the "kiss of death"
>that rumour has it!

OH OH... DON'T TELL ME PHC HAS BECOME ANOTHER YUPPIE TREND...

barrys@hercules.UUCP (Barry Steel) (11/09/85)

In article <349@sdcc13.UUCP> valerie@sdcc13.UUCP (VALERIE POLICHAR) writes:

>OH OH... DON'T TELL ME PHC HAS BECOME ANOTHER YUPPIE TREND...

I think that has been obvious for some time now.  Look at the exisitence of
this news group, for example.

barry steel

alan@mtxinu.UUCP (Alan Tobey) (11/12/85)

> In article <349@sdcc13.UUCP> valerie@sdcc13.UUCP (VALERIE POLICHAR) writes:
>
> >OH OH... DON'T TELL ME PHC HAS BECOME ANOTHER YUPPIE TREND...

One of the local rags out here has already described PHC as

		"Lawrence Welk for Yuppies!"

Obviously slander, and not true yet -- but give us thirty more years.....!