[net.wobegon] You mean he looks like THAT?!?

gerolima@wdl1.UUCP (11/04/85)

G.K. is on the cover of TIME this week. Did you envision him
as looking like that? I DIDNT!

	--Mark Gerolimatos
	gerolima%couldBworse-vax@minn-langsys

meissner@rtp47.UUCP (Michael Meissner) (11/10/85)

In article <823@wdl1.UUCP> gerolima@wdl1.UUCP writes:
>G.K. is on the cover of TIME this week. Did you envision him
>as looking like that? I DIDNT!

I thought he looked better about 8 years ago, when I was at the U of Minnesota.
He had a beard then (and I believe he usually wore a white suit like Mark Twain
aka Sam Clemmens).  If I recall, there was a lot of flack about him shaving
it off.

nm34@sdcc12.UUCP (nm34) (11/12/85)

In article <823@wdl1.UUCP> gerolima@wdl1.UUCP writes:
>G.K. is on the cover of TIME this week. Did you envision him
>as looking like that? I DIDNT!
>
>	--Mark Gerolimatos
>	gerolima%couldBworse-vax@minn-langsys

     I know exactly what you mean.  He actually has no right to look the
way he does.  He should be shorter, have medium length blond hair.
Possibly a beard.  His face should be round, not sharp (pointed).   He
has lost a bit of weight in the last few years.

      I guess we'll keep him the way he is.

                         Andy

                     Andrew Bindman

          {ucbvax,ihnp4,akgua,hplabs}!sdcsvax!sdcc12!nm34

buchbind@agrigene.UUCP (11/12/85)

> G.K. is on the cover of TIME this week. Did you envision him
> as looking like that? I DIDNT!

The MAGIC OF RADIO is that you can keep on imagining him to look as
you wish him to look.  I was disappointed when I first saw a photo
(he was heavier and had a beard in those days) so I refused to
surrender my imagination to reality.  G.K. tells "lies"; you needn't
insist on the truth.
--
    Barry Buchbinder			    (608)221-5000
Agrigenetics Corp.; 5649 E. Buckeye Rd.; Madison WI 53716 USA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (11/14/85)

>     I know exactly what you mean.  He actually has no right to look the
>way he does.  He should be shorter, have medium length blond hair.
>Possibly a beard.  His face should be round, not sharp (pointed).   He
>has lost a bit of weight in the last few years.

Actually, Andy, I find that his face matches his voice very well.  I was
just surprised to see how much he looks like Stephen King...

Hmmm... anyone ever see them together at the same time?  Look out for King's
next book, "Children of the Soybeans" about a satanist group of Rotarians...
:-)

            "And that was the end of Grogan, the man who killed my father,
             raped and murdered my sister, burned my ranch, shot my dog, and
             stole my Bible!"

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty

gpw@ihlpf.UUCP (wilkin) (11/14/85)

> In article <823@wdl1.UUCP> gerolima@wdl1.UUCP writes:
> >G.K. is on the cover of TIME this week. Did you envision him
> >as looking like that? I DIDNT!
> >	--Mark Gerolimatos

My wife, upon seeing his face for the first time, was very
disappointed. We decided to destroy the picture and remain
ignorant of the truth ;-).

BTW She envisioned a tall, dark and handsome type, with beard
of course!

gpw
--

George Wilkin AT&T Network Systems   usenet ihnp4!ihlpf!gpw
312-979-6593 work