[net.wobegon] H--- No! We Won't Go!

kludge@gitpyr.gatech.EDU (Scott Dorsey) (10/11/86)

We refuse to relinquish our rights to our views!  Yes, they may remove
our newsgroup, but even as a mailing list we shall continue with our
movement, underground, spreading the doctrine of meekness and shyness.
Even though they remove our last vestige of communication, we shall
continue on through our adversity, and even if they take away our mailing
rights, we shall (Gott Forbud!) continue on SnailMail.  The meek shall
truly inherit the earth, and we demand it back before the strong completely
ruin it.
..... Heavens, these are tasty!
         Oh, sorry about that.  EOF (end of flame)

bobr@zeus.UUCP (10/14/86)

I haven't submitted much to this group because, well, . . .   I'm kind'a shy
and didn't really think I had much to contribute.  But what I've noticed
since the announcement that this group was due for termination is that most
of the articles submitted to it are protests about the termination.  If the
only evidenced use of this newsgroup is to protest its loss, well then,
perhaps it IS time to go.

On the other hand, I keep reading the group in the hope that something of
significance and worth will be posted.  I haven't seen anything like that
for a while.  If this newsgroup makes the transition to a mailing list, will
the primary topic be keeping the mailing list alive?

janssen@milano.UUCP (10/16/86)

In article <708@zeus.UUCP>, bobr@zeus.UUCP writes:
> [...] what I've noticed
> since the announcement that this group was due for termination is that most
> of the articles submitted to it are protests about the termination.  If the
> only evidenced use of this newsgroup is to protest its loss, well then,
> perhaps it IS time to go.

No, no, apparently you're not shy enough.  This group should logically
be empty *except* when something catastrophic is about to happen, at
which time all the readers will diffidently submit polite protests...

It's kind of nice feeling to look here and observe, "Yup, nobody's
written anything there, again."

Bill

--
 Bill Janssen, MCC Software Technology
 9430 Research Blvd, Austin, Texas  78759

iws@rayssdb.UUCP (Ihor W. Slabicky) (10/30/86)

> > [...] what I've noticed
> > since the announcement that this group was due for termination is that most
> > of the articles submitted to it are protests about the termination.  If the
> > only evidenced use of this newsgroup is to protest its loss, well then,
> > perhaps it IS time to go.

Since readership is bucking the overflow level, maybe someone can help
me get a tape or copy for me onto cassette tape the two PHC shows from
Hawaii (November, 1985 and July, 1986).  I am a fan of Hawaiian music
and would like to get these shows - mostly the musical portions - for
my listening pleasure.  Can any one help me?

        ... {allegra, gatech, ihnp4, linus, raybed2} !rayssd!rayssdb!iws
      Ihor Slabicky MS 171 * Raytheon Company * Submarine Signal Division
      P.O. Box 360 * Portsmouth, RI 02871-0360 * (401) 847-8000 ext. 5684
1234567890               !#$%^&*()_-+={[}]~`:;"'|\<,>.?/              0987654321