[net.wobegon] Freq. Table - Pen Names

mdolin@nugipsy.UUCP (Mike Dolin) (11/04/86)

I'm going to send to the net since net.wobegon is still alive as far as
I can see.  The following foolery came back as "message unsent"
so before I try again to !hadron!wobegon I'll use the old method.

The latest table addition.  I knew some shy person would help me
spell "Prairie" someday.  It's growing slowly as I put time in on it.

--------------------------CUT  HERE----------------------------

                     PHC Tuning Chart
 How about--->     APHC Listening Chart
 Or --------->     APHC Listening Guide
                  A Prairie Home Companion
    or
Add your own------>  ___________________

   FM           Station          City          Time of PHC
Frequency      Identifier                        Broadcast
                                               (Rebroadcast)
_________      __________       _____________    _____________

90.7            WXEL             West Palm        6-8 pm Sat.
                                 Beach, Fl       (Will find out
                                                   some day)

93.1            WLRN             Miami, Fl        6-8 pm Sat.

91.5            KUSC             Los Angeles      6-8 pm Sat.
                                                 (1-3 pm Sun.)

90.9            WETA             Washington,      7pm  <----??
                                 D.C.            (1-3 pm Sun.)

91.9            WGTS             Washington?         7pm  <----??

--------------------------CUT  HERE----------------------------

I have to doubt that there really is a person called Emanuel
Transmission, - has to be a pen name, right?   It never dawned on me
that it could be GK himself.  Is that his style?

Over the years I have collected a file of Pen-Names that I'll list here.
Some were original and must have been very obvious because writers have
used them in actual publishings.  Others I heard of along the way.
My all time favorite is Rosetta Stone, but Emanuel Transmission is fast
growing on me.  At a party long ago I introduced myself as Buck Rivets
and got away with it until I ran into a real aircraft mechanic.

             Assorted  PEN - NAMES

Rosetta Stone            - Author, Childrens Novels, - Jewelry Repair
Buck Rivets              - Aircraft Mechanic
Jim Shew                 - Sports Reporter
Mark Time                -
Hy Pockets               - Banker
Harry Balls              -
O. Regano                - Cookbook Author
Art Gum                  - Draftsman
Ace Pilot                - (What else?) There's a real guy working at
                           Bendix in Ft. Lauderdale named Ace Card.
Mark Spitz               - Athlete
Hardly Wright            - News Paper Reporter
Bob Bushka               - Fashion Designer
Sandy Beach              - Surfer
Rock Garden              - Horticulturist
Major Milestones         - USAF
Major Appliances         - US Army
General Description      - Ex-military Tech Writer
Max Headroom             - Auto Designer
Izzy Coming              - Always late to work
Poly Unsaturated         - Works in our Company Cafeteria
Emanuel Transmission     - Writes APHC

-------------
Spell Utility;
June no watt, Iran this sent ants bye "SPELL" an theirs know air ore.
-------------
Reguards,

Mike Dolin

(Standard disclaimer applies)

Gould Computer Systems Division
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
.....!{brl-bmd,pur-ee,sun}!gould!mdolin

305/587-2900  X4802

pag00@amdahl.UUCP (Pria Graves) (11/06/86)

In article <151@houligan.UUCP> mdolin@nugipsy.UUCP (Mike Dolin) writes:

> Over the years I have collected a file of Pen-Names that I'll list here.
> Some were original and must have been very obvious because writers have
> used them in actual publishings.  Others I heard of along the way.
> My all time favorite is Rosetta Stone, but Emanuel Transmission is fast
> growing on me.  At a party long ago I introduced myself as Buck Rivets
> and got away with it until I ran into a real aircraft mechanic.
>
>              Assorted  PEN - NAMES

 . . .

My favorite real name that sounds like it has to be a fake is
Sergeant Mace of the Palo Alto Police Dept.
--
Pria            ...!{ihnp4,hplabs,amd,nsc}!amdahl!pag00
                (408) 746 7539

(Disclaimer:  even I don't necessarily agree!)

cas@cvl.UUCP (Dr. Cliff Shaffer) (11/07/86)

WETA in Washington plays APC at 18:00 on Saturday night, not
19:00 (7:00 pm) as indicated on the table I saw.  It then rebroadcasts
on Sunday at 13:00, as indicated.

My guess for the identity of Emanual Transmission (assuming it is
someone whom I should be familiar with) is Peter Ostrusko (sp?).
	Cliff Shaffer
	cas@cvl.umd.edu
	...!cvl!cas

new7582@ritcv.UUCP ((heavens)) (11/08/86)

had some biscuits, now its time to do what needs to be done.
I didn't really want to post this, but maybe if we all try
we can make the top 40.

(Did someone do Rochester already?)
WXXI-FM 91.5 sat 6-8pm
WXXI-AM 1370 sun 1-3pm

I have an electronics book penned by 'Cathode Ray'

Norm

--I'm much too shy to have any disclaimers.

ZZ (oops)