From:  Richard M. King <KING@KESTREL>

    From: ihnp4!houxm!hou2g!stekas @ Ucb-Vax
    Subject: PSI wave detector.

    If there is such a thing as PSI, why can't we find a detector.
    Detectors for such mundane things as sound, light and chemicals
    poke from everywhere.  Where is the PSI detector?

					     Jim

	I think this PSI business is hooey myself, but I don't see this as
too valid a point.  Detectors for bat sonar and for fish electric fields do
not "poke from everywhere".

						Dick
-------

crummer%AEROSPACE@sri-unix.UUCP (02/03/84)

From:            Charlie Crummer <crummer@AEROSPACE>

I don't know about PSI waves but a certain Rev. Vernon Campbell had (in the
'50's no less) a dowsing amplifier that would make the greenest skeptic into
a competent dowser.  Don't tell me this wasn't science, I saw it at an AIAA
meeting!

  --Charlie

jlg@lanl-a.UUCP (02/07/84)

If the dowsing amplifier mensioned really works it would put you in a
position to win the $10,000 that James Randi has offered to anyone who
can demonstrate that capability in a controlled experiment.  Seems like
this has been an open offer for several years now, and noone has collected.
The Skeptical Inquirer gave an interesting review of the attempts of four
claimants to this prize a few years back.  Needless to say, none of them
even came close to following the underground water channels laid out for
the purpose,  even though all agreed beforehand that it was a fair test.