[net.physics] "Computational Physics" book.

alan@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Alan Algustyniak) (09/17/84)

In article <sri-arpa.13432> KEsler@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA writes:
>I remember seeing a book with the above title (or something like it).
>Does anyone know the author and publisher ?  --kevin.

Computational Physics
by David Potter
John Wiley & Sons 1973

Not a light book at all. Requires a lot of study backed up with thorough
familiarity of diffeqs. of physics.  I bought it, but it was too much
for me to learn anything from. Safe to guess that it's meant as a graduate
text.

TOC
Intro, pages 1-10
Elements of the Difference Method 10-40
Partial Difference Eqs for Continuous Media 40-80
Numerical Matrix Algebra 80-116
Particles: N-body action at a Distance 116-132
Particles: Field Calculations 132-162
Particles in Self-consistent Fields 162-186
Phase Fluids 186-201
Classical Fluid Dynamics 201-257
Hydrodynamics with Long Range Forces: Stars, Plasmas, Magneto-fluids 257-291

	sdcrdcf!alan

KEsler@HIS-PHOENIX-MULTICS.ARPA (09/19/84)